Why is there a Canadian team in the NBA?
The reason why Toronto has a team is because it is the most recognized and populated city in Canada. The NBA used to have another Canadian team known as the Vancouver Grizzlies but they have since been relocated to Memphis. The NBA wanted to expand into Canada. They started expansion teams in Toronto and Vancouver.
The team was established in 1995, along with the Toronto Raptors, as part of the NBA's expansion into Canada. Following the 2000–01 season, the team relocated to Memphis, Tennessee, United States, and are known as the Memphis Grizzlies.
- Vancouver Is Famous for Its Beauty. One of the most famous things about Vancouver is its physical beauty. Surrounded by snow-capped mountains and deep blue sea, Vancouver is gorgeous; when the sun is shining, it's truly a sight to behold.
- The game of basketball as it is known today was created by Dr. James Naismith in December 1891 in Springfield, Massachusetts, to condition young athletes during cold months. It consisted of peach baskets and a soccer style ball. He published 13 rules for the new game.
- In 1995, the NBA expanded to Canada with the addition of the Vancouver Grizzlies and the Toronto Raptors. In 2001, the Vancouver Grizzlies relocated to Memphis, which left the Raptors as the only Canadian team in the NBA.
The Raptors compete in the National Basketball Association (NBA), as a member club of the league's Eastern Conference Atlantic Division. The team was established in 1995, along with the Vancouver Grizzlies, as part of the NBA's expansion into Canada.
- Born on November 6, 1861 in Almonte, Ontario, Canada, James Naismith was a Canadian and American sports coach and innovator. He invented the game of basketball in 1891. He is also credited with designing the first football helmet.
- Houston won two NBA Championships (1994, 1995) while defeating Utah along the way. Utah advanced to the NBA Finals both times that they defeated the Lakers, while Los Angeles has advanced to the Finals each year they defeated Utah in a series, winning NBA Championships in 1988, 2009, and 2010.
- Drake's favorite team (when he's not rooting for Golden State, the Lakers, the Cavaliers, and numerous other teams out there), will likely have to settle for watching their famous fan ambassador give out the awards to the Raptors' rivals. Drake, meanwhile, will probably be okay with that.
- With a fortune worth about $20 billion, Steve Ballmer is set to become the richest team owner in the NBA if he buys the L.A. Clippers from current owner Donald Sterling for a record-setting $2 billion.
- DIRECTV - NBA LEAGUE PASS Schedule. HD games in channel range 751—768 with a “—1” notation are for customers with H20, H21, HR20, or HR21 receivers and 5–LNB dish only.
Updated: 2nd October 2019