Why is promotion so important?
Promotional strategies and marketing go hand in hand. Marketing your brand or product will include different aspects of manufacturing, promoting and selling products to the customers. Promotion is a key element in putting across the benefits of your product or service to the customers.
Promotion or career advancement is a process through which an employee of a company is given a higher share of duties, a higher pay-scale or both. It boosts the morale of promoted employees, increases their productivity and hence improves upon the overall profits earned by the organization.
- The advancement of an employee from one job position to another job position that has a higher salary range, a higher level job title, and, often, more and higher level job responsibilities in an organization, is called a promotion.
- Tips for Getting a Raise or Promotion
- Tap Into Your Boss's Mind. Anticipating what your bosses want before they tell you allows you to stay ahead of the curve and makes their job easier.
- Have a Positive Outlook.
- Be Eager to Learn.
- Prove Your Worth.
- Set Career Goals.
- Do Your Research.
- Be Straightforward.
- Step 2: Multiply the employee's current pay rate by that decimal. If your employee makes $15/hour, then you have: 15x.03=.45. So your employee's increase is 45 cents per hour. For an employee who makes a salary of $45,000/year, then you have: 45,000x.03=1,350.
The advancement of an employee within a company position or job tasks. A job promotion may be the result of an employee's proactive pursuit of a higher ranking or as a reward by employers for good performance. Typically is also associated with a higher rate of pay or financial bonus.
- EMPLOYEE TRANSFER. It is lateral movement of employee in an organization by the employee. “A transfer involves the shifting of an employee from one job to another without changing the responsibilities or compensation”. Transfers of employees are quite common in all organizations.
- Policy transfer is a process in which knowledge about policies, administrative arrangements, institutions and ideas in one political setting (past or present) is used in the development of policies, administrative arrangements, institutions and ideas in another political setting.
- A transfer is the movement to another job that is previously established through an approved personnel requisition, has the same salary range and may involve a salary increase. A promotion is the movement to another job in a higher job classification and will result in a title change. There are two types of promotions.
A set of rules and guidelines set forth by a company or organization that outlines how employees are to interact with potential customers in the promotion of a good or service.
- There are four basic types of promotion: 1) Advertising 2) Sales Promotion 3) Personal Selling 4) Publicity. Promotion is any form of communication a business or organization uses to inform, persuade, or remind people about its products and improve its public image.
- Broadcast Media. Television and radio are two traditional broadcast media long used in advertising.
- Print Media. Magazines and newspapers are the two traditional print media.
- Support Media.
- Direct Marketing.
- Product Placement.
- Social Media.
- The purpose of advertising is to inform the consumers about their product and convince customers that a company's services or products are the best, enhance the image of the company, point out and create a need for products or services, demonstrate new uses for established products, announce new products and programs,
Updated: 26th November 2019