10th September 2018


Why is my wedding ring irritating my finger?

Individuals with a history of sensitive skin, eczema, allergies, or atopic dermatitis are more prone to this type of rash. Wedding ring rash is most commonly caused by either an actual allergy to the nickel component of the ring itself or an irritation from the buildup of soap and/or debris under the ring.

Just so, is white gold nickel free?

2. Make sure your jewelry is made of surgical-grade stainless steel or either 14-, 18- or 24-karat yellow gold. White gold may contain nickel. Other nickel-free metals include pure sterling silver, copper, platinum, and titanium.

Are there people allergic to gold?

Most people are not allergic to gold but, rather, to nickel which is a common metal that is added to many gold rings. Nickel allergy is the most common type of metal allergy in the world. I would suggest that you not wear your wedding ring until you have the area checked out by your doctor.
Write Your Answer


60% people found this answer useful, click to cast your vote.

3 / 5 based on 3 votes.


Press Ctrl + D to add this site to your favorites!