Why can't I delete Skype?
Press the Windows and R keys on your keyboard at the same time, then type appwiz.cpl in the Run dialog and click OK. Find Skype in the list, right-click it and select Remove or Uninstall. (If you can't find Skype in your installed programs, follow the directions here.)
How can I completely uninstall, and then reinstall Skype for Mac
- Quit Skype by selecting Skype > Quit Skype.
- Open your Applications folder and drag your copy of Skype to the trash.
- Then open ~/Library/Application Support * and drag the Skype folder to the trash. The ~ sign represents your home folder. To find your home folder, open Finder and, from the menu bar, select Go > Home.
- Download Skype for Mac OS X from the Skype website at Skype.com. Install it by opening your browser's download window and double-clicking the “Skype” file. Click “Continue” and then drag and drop the Skype icon in the window that appears to your Applications folder.
- Quit Skype. In the system tray at the bottom right of your screen, right-click the Skype icon and select Quit.
- Click Start > Run.
- Type %appdata%skype into the Run window and click OK.
- Delete the folder named after the Skype Name you wish to remove from the sign-in screen.
- Remove Username from the Skype Directory. Go to the online homepage and log in to your Skype account. Next, click on Account and password followed by Delete an account. This procedure will take about two weeks.
Remove Username from the Skype Directory. Go to the online homepage and log in to your Skype account. Next, click on Account and password followed by Delete an account. This procedure will take about two weeks.
- Skype usernames can't be be changed but you can change your Forum name at any time and/or create an additional account with a new username. Microsoft accounts do not employ the same nickname or account name set-up that old Skype accounts did.
- Step 1: Open the main Skype window, then click on Tools in the menu bar and select Options.
- Step 2: Click on IM & SMS in left-hand menu. In the area that loads, click Show Advanced Settings near the bottom right-hand corner.
- Step 3: Next to the "Keep history for" line, there is a button to Clear History, click this.
- Add or change your photo
- Click your picture (or the avatar if you don't have one set) in the Skype for Business main window to open the Options box.
- Click the Edit or Remove Picture button.
- On your My account page in your Office 365 account, click the Upload photo link and browse to the photo you want to use.
- Select your photo and click Save.
Updated: 2nd October 2019