Who plays Elena Gilbert in Season 8?
“Vampire Diaries” fans will indeed be seeing Elena Gilbert one last time. Nina Dobrev, who played Elena for six seasons on The CW's bloodsucker drama, posted a photo on her Instagram account on Thursday morning revealing she's returning to the series for its finale.
Elena confesses she still loves Stefan but no longer is in love with him and is in love with Damon. Stefan and Caroline realise that her feelings may have something to do with the fact that she's sired to Damon. She later tells him that her love for him is the most real thing she's ever felt.
- Not much is known about her, her background or her family, but according to Stefan's Diaries, Stefan said that she is of French-American descent. She died in 1858 when Stefan was eleven years old and when Damon was seventeen years old. She is buried alongside Giuseppe in Mystic Falls, Virginia.
- Now Stefan has to deal with the guilt of letting Elena turn into a vampire, which means that we're all in store for a very angst-ridden Season 4. But now that Elena is a vampire, things are undoubtedly going to change between her and the Salvatores. After all, Stefan doesn't know Elena picked him. However, Damon does.
- Towards the end of season 3, Alaric was turned into an Enhanced Original Vampire by Esther and fed on Bonnie to complete his transition, also taking the White Oak Stake from Bonnie.
Nina Dobrev is finally returning to 'Vampire Diaries' The Vampire Diaries' forthcoming season finale will feature its beloved former star. Nina Dobrev will return as Elena for The Vampire Diaries' final episode, following reports that the CW drama's forthcoming eighth season will be its last.
- Alaric became an Enhanced Original Vampire through Esther's magic so he could kill her children with the last, and indestructible, White Oak Stake, to make the vampire species extinct before his death, his life having been linked to Elena's. This lead Rebekah to kill her to stop Alaric.
- Klaus shows Stefan that his blood (hybrid blood) is the cure to the werewolf bite but he wants to make a deal with Stefan first before give it to him; if Stefan wants to save his brother he has to do whatever Klaus tells him for ten years. Stefan agrees to the deal even if he does not want to.
- As with their rivals, the Vampires, Werewolves are immortal. The original Werewolf survived over 800 years of captivity with no food or water in what appeared to be a type of hibernation. Silver is the Werewolves' only weakness, as they seem to be violently allergic to it.
The Vampire Diaries ending: Season 8 will be its last. After eight years, six doppelgängers, two car accidents on Wickery Bridge, and countless witchy hijinks, The Vampire Diaries has an official expiration date. During Saturday's Comic-Con panel, showrunner Julie Plec announced season 8 will be the series' last.
- The same men who banished us here to die. Seline was a recurring character and an antagonist who first appeared in the first episode of the eighth season of The Vampire Diaries. She was employed by Caroline and Alaric as a nanny to watch over Josie and Lizzie.
- Sybil, the youngest daughter of Lord Grantham, played by Jessica Brown-Findlay, died of eclampsia, the most serious form of preeclampsia -- the world's number one killer of mothers and babies in childbirth.
- Sybil Ludington, the Teen Patriot Who Outrode Paul Revere. Sybil Ludington was 16 years old when she rode 40 miles on horseback one night in April 1777 to warn her father's troops about a British attack on Danbury, Connecticut.
Updated: 2nd October 2019