Who owns Proctor and Gamble?
Procter & Gamble Co. (P&G) is an American multi-national consumer goods corporation headquartered in downtown Cincinnati, Ohio, founded in 1837 by British American William Procter and Irish American James Gamble. It primarily specializes in a wide range of cleaning agents and personal care and hygienics products.
Its products were sold under a variety of well-known brand names, including Scott Tissue, Cottonelle, Baby Fresh, Scottex and Viva. Consolidated sales of its consumer and commercial products totalled approximately $3.6 billion in 1994. The company was acquired by the Kimberly-Clark Corporation in 1995.
- VIVA notes, “VIVA Towels are made from 100% virgin fiber. The cardboard cores utilize 100% recycled paper.“ Scott Naturals Towels are made with 60% recycled fiber.
- -1 sheet of Bounty paper towel. Now lets see what is inside of both of the materials. This brand is made out of wood pulp, Resin, paper sheets, fibers and the trees that are mainly pine and spruce types. This brand is only made out of one substance which is just pulpwood.
- It is estimated that rainforests are being cut down at the rate of 100 trees per minute. The rates of rainforest destruction are 2.4 acres per second, 149 acres per minute, 214,000 acres per day and 78 million acres per year.
|Product type||Paper Towel|
|Owner||Procter & Gamble|
|Tagline||The Quicker Picker-Upper|
- Scott Paper Company. The Scott Paper Company was the world's largest manufacturer and marketer of sanitary tissue products with operations in 22 countries. Its products were sold under a variety of well-known brand names, including Scott Tissue, Cottonelle, Baby Fresh, Scottex and Viva.
- Bounty Paper Towels has been called “The Quicker Picker Upper” due to its superior absorbency. The result is more paper, and a more absorbent paper towel. That is why Bounty is so absorbent.
- The Walmart New paper towels cost $0.97 each but have 165 sheets in one roll. That makes each sheet only 0.005 per sheet – just half of a penny each sheet. Note: This is not the paper towel roll I pick as my best value overall – because of the quality, however this is a great bargain.
- Luvs is a brand of disposable diapers made by Procter & Gamble which also is the maker of Pampers disposable diapers. It was sold as a "deluxe" brand in the late 1980s. Since 1994 it is sold as a budget brand.
- A generic trademark, also known as a genericized trademark or proprietary eponym, is a trademark or brand name that, due to its popularity or significance, has become the generic name for, or synonymous with, a general class of product or service, usually against the intentions of the trademark's holder.
- Other materials used include polypropylene, polyester, and polyethylene -- all synthetic materials designed to enhance the fit of the diaper and help stop leaks. The elastic strands in all Huggies diapers are made of synthetic rubber for a snug but gentle fit for baby.
Updated: 4th November 2019