Who is the oldest player playing in the NFL this year?
Adam Vinatieri, right, is set to be the oldest player in the NFL this season. With Jason Hanson retiring, the honor of being the oldest player in the NFL now goes to fellow kicker Adam Vinatieri. In fact, seven of the 10 oldest players currently on an NFL roster are special teams players.
In 2000, he became the NFL's all-time leading scorer, eclipsing George Blanda – a record Anderson held until his retirement in 2004. He left the game at the age of 45 after 23 years in the NFL, which is the third-longest playing tenure to date.
- George Blanda
- At age 45, Favre has been out of the NFL for more than four years. He announced his retirement multiple times before finally walking away from the game for good in 2011 after two years with the Minnesota Vikings.
- Facebook Twitter Pinterest.
The Tottenham goalkeeper Brad Friedel, 43, is the oldest player currently on the books of any professional clubs in England, with John Burridge's appearance for Manchester City in 1995 at the age of 43 years and 162 days still the Premier League record.
Apart from the 1972 Dolphins, three NFL teams have completed undefeated and untied regular seasons: the 1934 Chicago Bears, the 1942 Chicago Bears, and the 2007 New England Patriots.
- On January 14, 1973, the Miami Dolphins defeat the Washington Redskins 14-7 at the Los Angeles Coliseum in Super Bowl VII, becoming the first team in National Football League (NFL) history to finish with an undefeated season.
- Regular season. The 2018 regular season's 256 games will be played over a 17-week schedule which will begin on September 6. Each of the league's 32 teams plays a 16-game schedule, with one bye week for each team.
- The National Football League (NFL) regular season begins the weekend after Labor Day in early September and ends in December or early January. It consists of 256 games, where each team (32 total) plays 16 games during a 17-week period.
George Blanda, who played both as a kicker and a quarterback, has the longest NFL career of all time, playing for 26 seasons in total. Quarterbacks not only have a longer career than the average NFL player, but they command the highest salaries in the league.
- Peyton Manning becomes oldest quarterback to win Super Bowl
Player Team Age Peyton Manning Denver Broncos 39 John Elway Denver Broncos 38 Peyton Manning Denver Broncos 37 Johnny Unitas Baltimore Colts 37
- Okoye was drafted by the Houston Texans in the first round of the 2007 NFL draft. He is the youngest player to ever be drafted in the first round of the NFL Draft at only 19 years old. He was the highest draft pick to come out of the University of Louisville since the AFL-NFL merger.
- The NFL's popularity is all the more remarkable when you inspect the fare it has to offer each week on television. An average professional football game lasts 3 hours and 12 minutes, but if you tally up the time when the ball is actually in play, the action amounts to a mere 11 minutes.
Updated: 3rd October 2019