So Poseidon was chosen as the sea god. And he did not give his throne to Zeus, as he never had one. Zeus singlehandedly dethroned Kronos, and was the most powerful of all the Greek gods.
Beside this, is Zeus a Titan or a god?
In Greek mythology, the words "Titan" and "God" seem to be used interchangeably. For example, Zeus is a God, but Cronus (his father) was a Titan.
Kratos was the personification of strength and power in Greek mythology, son of the Titans Pallas and Styx. He was the brother of Nike (victory), Bia (force), and Zelus (zeal), and the four siblings were the enforcers of Zeus.
Odin (Old Norse: Óðinn) is the most powerful and wisest god. Odin is the Allfather of the Norse gods and the ruler of Asgard. Thor (Old Norse: Þórr, Thórr) is Odin's youngest son and the second most powerful god. He is the god of thunder, master of the weather and the strongest warrior.
Lets' view at the surface to the top 10 worshipped ancient gods of Egyptian Civilization.
- AMUN-Ra “The Hidden One”
- MUT “The Mother Goddess”
- OSIRIS “The King of Living”
- ANUBIS “The Divine Embalmer”
- RA “The God of Sun & Radiance”
- HORUS “God of Vengeance”
- THOTH “God of Knowledge and Wisdom”
- HATHOR “Goddess of Motherhood”
Top Ten Most Powerful Titans In Greek Mythology
- 1 Cronus Titan of Time, Evil, and Harvest.
- 2 Atlas Titan of Strength and Endurance.
- 3 Iapetus Titan of Pain and Mortality.
- 4 Hyperion Titan of Power, Light, and Fire.
- 5 Oceanus Titan of the Sea.
- 6 Krios Titan of Constellation and Stars.
- 7 Helios Titan of the Son.
- 8 Koios Titan of Farsight.
Here is a list of top 10 ancient Greek Goddesses.
- Hera. Also known as the goddess of marriage and birth, Hera was the wife of Zeus and by that extension, also the queen of all gods.
- Athena. At the top comes the goddess of wisdom, reasoning and intelligence – Athena.
Zeus (Roman name: Jupiter) The most powerful of all, Zeus was god of the sky and the king of Olympus. His temper affected the weather, and he threw thunderbolts when he was unhappy. He was married to Hera but had many other lovers.
- Achilles. Achilles. As an infant Achilles' mother dipped him into the River Styx, which made him invulnerable everywhere but the heel by which she held him.
- Hercules. Hercules.
- Hector. Hector.
- Jason. Jason.
- Odysseus. Odysseus.
- Perseus. Perseus.
- Prometheus. Prometheus.
- Aeneas. Aeneas.
Here is a list of the 12 most well-known Greek Gods and Goddesses in ancient Greek mythology:
- Zeus (King of the Gods)
- Hera (Goddess of love and heaven)
- Poseidon (God of the sea)
- Demeter (Goddess of the bountiful harvest and the nurturing spirit)
- Ares (God of war)
- Hermes (God of the roads)
- Hephaestus (God of fire)
Mercury was yet another Roman god who aided travelers, and perhaps the patron deity of travel. As the Roman equivalent of the Greek god Hermes, he was distinguishable by the shoes with winged heels that he wore.
As for the majestic Gods of ancient Greece, lets see how many of your favorites make it on our top 10 list.
- Zeus. He was the god of all known universe that the Olympians won off the titans.
The Top Ten
- 1 Neptune - God of the Sea.
- 2 Jupiter - God of Thunder and the King of Gods.
- 3 Apollo - God of the Sun.
- 4 Diana - Goddess of the Hunt and Moon.
- 5 Pluto - God of Death and the Underworld.
- 6 Mars - God of War.
- 7 Minerva - Goddess of Wisdom and War.
- 8 Venus - Goddess of Love, Beauty and Lust.
Here are the twelve Olympians:
The Top Ten
- 1 Athena. She's literally perfection!
- 2 Artemis. Artemis is my favorite goddess.
- 3 Aphrodite. Aphrodite is the goddess of love and beauty.
- 4 Persephone. Persephone is death only and werry great power goddes to death.
- 5 Demeter. She is the best vote for her to be #1!
- 6 Gaia.
- 7 Hestia.
- 8 Hera.
Asclepius is said to have been killed by Zeus as Asclepius had brought back Hippolytus back from the dead in exchange for gold. This angers Hades who asks Zeus to kill him. Zeus kills him with his thunderbolt.
Greek myths always refer to the twelve Gods of Mount Olympus, but in total there were fourteen Olympian Gods in Greek Mythology. However, there were never more than twelve at one time. The four alternative gods were Hestia, Hades, Dionysus and Demeter.
Some lists of the Twelve Olympians omit her in favor of Dionysus, but the speculation that she gave her throne to him in order to keep the peace seems to be modern invention. She is the first child of Cronus and Rhea, eldest sister of Hades, Demeter, Poseidon, Hera, and Zeus.
In Greek mythology, the primordial deities are the first gods and goddesses born from the void of Chaos. In Orphic tradition, they are born from Chronos and Ananke. Hesiod's first (after Chaos) are Gaia, Tartarus, Eros, Erebus and Nyx. The primordial deities Gaia and Uranus give birth to the Titans and Aphrodite.