Who has been playing in the NFL the longest?
In 2000, he became the NFL's all-time leading scorer, eclipsing George Blanda – a record Anderson held until his retirement in 2004. He left the game at the age of 45 after 23 years in the NFL, which is the third-longest playing tenure to date.
Adam Vinatieri, right, is set to be the oldest player in the NFL this season. With Jason Hanson retiring, the honor of being the oldest player in the NFL now goes to fellow kicker Adam Vinatieri. In fact, seven of the 10 oldest players currently on an NFL roster are special teams players.
- Here are five names of players who will be on the long in the tooth list, assuming they play later this year:
- Adam Vinatieri, 43. (Kirby Lee-USA TODAY Sports)
- Phil Dawson, 41. (AP Photo/Tony Avelar)
- Matt Bryant, 40. (Josh D.
- Matt Hasselbeck, 40. (Matt Kryger/The Star)
- Shane Lechler, 39.
- Tom Brady, 38.
- Born on September 2, 1948, in Shreveport, Louisiana, professional football player Terry Bradshaw was named an All-American while playing for Louisiana Polytechnic Institute. The first player selected in the 1970 NFL draft, Bradshaw went to great success with the Pittsburgh Steelers.
- Facebook Twitter Pinterest.
The Tottenham goalkeeper Brad Friedel, 43, is the oldest player currently on the books of any professional clubs in England, with John Burridge's appearance for Manchester City in 1995 at the age of 43 years and 162 days still the Premier League record.
Apart from the 1972 Dolphins, three NFL teams have completed undefeated and untied regular seasons: the 1934 Chicago Bears, the 1942 Chicago Bears, and the 2007 New England Patriots.
- The Cleveland Browns are the second NFL team to go winless in the league's history since the Detroit Lions accomplished the feat in 2008. The Browns went 0-16 on Sunday after losing to their rivals, the Pittsburgh Steelers, with a final box score of 28-24.
- The Colts defeated the Cowboys by the score of 16–13. The game was played on January 17, 1971, at the Orange Bowl in Miami, Florida, the first Super Bowl game played on artificial turf, on first-generation Poly-Turf.
- Regular season. The 2018 regular season's 256 games will be played over a 17-week schedule which will begin on September 6. Each of the league's 32 teams plays a 16-game schedule, with one bye week for each team.
George Blanda, who played both as a kicker and a quarterback, has the longest NFL career of all time, playing for 26 seasons in total. Quarterbacks not only have a longer career than the average NFL player, but they command the highest salaries in the league.
- On average, NBA players make $5.15 million, MLB players make $3.2 million, NHL players make $2.4 million, and NFL players make $1.9 million per year, according to Forbes. But that doesn't even tell the full story.
- At age 45, Favre has been out of the NFL for more than four years. He announced his retirement multiple times before finally walking away from the game for good in 2011 after two years with the Minnesota Vikings.
- The NFL's popularity is all the more remarkable when you inspect the fare it has to offer each week on television. An average professional football game lasts 3 hours and 12 minutes, but if you tally up the time when the ball is actually in play, the action amounts to a mere 11 minutes.
Updated: 29th September 2018