The following Windows Server features are not supported by Microsoft on Azure VMs:
- BitLocker Drive Encryption (on the OS disk – may be used on data disks)
- Internet Storage Name Server.
- Multipath I/O.
- Network Load Balancing.
- Peer Name Resolution Protocol.
- SNMP Services.
- Storage Manager for SANs.
- Windows Internet Name Service.
Keeping this in view, what is the meaning of virtual network?
The main purpose of a virtual network is to enable a data center or service provider network to provision the most suitable and efficient networking structure for the applications it hosts – and to alter that structure as conditions warrant, using software rather than requiring physical changes in connections to
What is virtual network gateway in Azure?
A VPN gateway is a specific type of virtual network gateway that is used to send encrypted traffic between an Azure virtual network and an on-premises location over the public Internet. You can also use a VPN gateway to send encrypted traffic between Azure virtual networks over the Microsoft network.
What VPN types are supported by Azure?
Azure supports two types of Point-to-site VPN options:
- Secure Socket Tunneling Protocol (SSTP). SSTP is a Microsoft proprietary SSL-based solution that can penetrate firewalls since most firewalls open the TCP port that 443 SSL uses.
- IKEv2 VPN.