Which MLB stadiums have artificial turf?
With the replacement of Minneapolis's Hubert H. Humphrey Metrodome by Target Field in 2010, only two MLB stadiums are still using artificial turf: Tropicana Field and Toronto's Rogers Centre.
In the northern United States, there are three types of cool-season grasses primarily used for football fields: Kentucky bluegrass, tall fescue and perennial ryegrass. In the South,bermudagrass is the most commonly used grass for football fields. Tall fescue works great in transitional climates.
- "They say if you can grow grass here in St. Louis you can do it anywhere, including the moon," Casella adds. Whereas the old Busch Stadium turf was a mix of two seasonal grasses to help cope with the Midwest's climate extremes, the new field is pure Kentucky bluegrass.
- Danger. If you're worried that Febreze isn't safe to use around cats, or dogs for that matter, you can relax. The ASPCA's toxicology team reports that the air freshener is free of danger, with no links between medical problems or fatalities in pets -- phew.
- Though it's a popular way to add a pleasant scent and feeling of zen to many homes, incense combines many of the worst qualities when it comes to harm for cats. Cats can be extremely sensitive to smoke, which is a major factor in worsening, and perhaps even causing, cat asthma and other respiratory conditions.
Bears president and CEO Ted Phillips said on the Kap and Haugh Show in 2014 that the organization would be willing to move to artificial turf on Soldier Field, but has since stuck with the grass surface. Soldier Field used AstroTurf from 1971 until 1987, when the team switched back to natural grass.
- In the northern United States, there are three types of cool-season grasses primarily used for football fields: Kentucky bluegrass, tall fescue and perennial ryegrass. In the South,bermudagrass is the most commonly used grass for football fields. Tall fescue works great in transitional climates.
- By adding the heating system, Soldier Field is taking after several other NFL stadiums in cold-weather climates, including Lambeau Field in Green Bay. Radiant heat will warm a combination of water and glycol as it is pumped through the tubing.
- When some fans think of Soldier Field, they may assume that it is the oldest stadium in the NFL. Contrary to belief, the majority of the structure was built in the 2000s. The original Soldier Field opened in 1924 and had a seating capacity of 74,000. The Bears moved here from Wrigley Field in 1971.
Updated: 26th September 2018