Which command is used to save configuration in router?
Cisco Router Copy Commands
|Save the current configuration from DRAM to NVRAM||copy running-config startup-config|
|Merge NVRAM configuration to DRAM||copy startup-config running-config|
|Copy DRAM configuration to a TFTP server||copy runing-config tftp|
Understanding Command Modes
|Command Mode||Access Method||Prompt|
|User EXEC||Log in.||Router>|
|Privileged EXEC||From user EXEC mode, use the enable EXEC command.||Router#|
|Global configuration||From privileged EXEC mode, use the configure terminal privileged EXEC command.||Router(config)#|
- The greater-than (>) sign denotes that you are in User EXEC mode, or User EXECute mode. enable: Enters Privileged EXEC mode or enables privileged commands. ping: Sends ping or Internet Control Message Protocol (ICMP) echo request packets to a remote IP host, which could be a switch or router.
- The show ip interface command provides tons of useful information about the configuration and status of the IP protocol and its services, on all interfaces. The show ip interface brief command provides a quick status of the interfaces on the router, including their IP address, Layer 2 status, and Layer 3 status.
- For IPv4, the loopback interface is assigned all the IPs in the 127.0.0.0/8 address block. That is, 127.0.0.1 through 127.255.255.254 all represent your computer. For most purposes, though, it is only necessary to use one IP address, and that is 127.0.0.1 . This IP has the hostname of localhost mapped to it.
Global Configuration Management (GCM) is an application that assembles configurations for itself and other contributing applications so teams can gain an overall view of the physical and logical parts of their product offering. A global configuration represents a physical or logical piece of a product offering.
- Outlook.com Mail Server Settings. Basically, you can add your outlook.com account to any email client that supports POP3 or IMAP, like Microsoft Outlook Professional, Windows Mail, Android or iOS mail apps, etc.
- Step 1: Enable IMAP and/or POP3. You need to enable IMAP and/or POP3 access in the Gmail account settings before you can access email using IMAP/POP3: Go to the "Settings", e.g. click on the "Gears" icon and select "Settings". Click on "Forwarding and POP/IMAP".
- On the next screen, fill in the incoming and outgoing mail servers. The incoming host name is imap.gmail.com. You must fill in your Gmail address and password again under 'Incoming Mail Server.' The outgoing host name is smtp.gmail.com.
To exit to global configuration mode, enter the exit command. To return to privileged EXEC mode, enter the end command, or press Ctrl-Z. After you access the device, you are automatically in user EXEC command mode. The EXEC commands available at the user level are a subset of those available at the privileged level.
- Understanding Command Modes
Command Mode Access Method Prompt User EXEC Log in. Router> Privileged EXEC From user EXEC mode, use the enable EXEC command. Router# Global configuration From privileged EXEC mode, use the configure terminal privileged EXEC command. Router(config)#
- privileged mode - Computer Definition. An operational state of software that has the highest priority. Also called the "supervisor mode" or "supervisor state," it is typically the mode in which the operating system runs, because it has access to all the resources in the computer.
- A startup configuration is stored in the nonvolatile memory of a device, which means that all configuration changes are saved even if the device loses power. To copy your running configuration into the startup configuration you need to type the command copy running-configuration startup-configuration.
Updated: 19th September 2018