The American Academy of Pediatrics points out that baby powder can cause breathing trouble and serious lung damage for babies if they inhale the particles. (And it's hard to keep powder out of the air when you're using it.) This is especially true of talc-based powders, with their small, easily inhaled particles.
Just so, which brand of milk powder is the best?
10 Best Baby Milk Powders Available In India
- Enfamil A+:
- Nutrilon 1 Standard:
- SMA First Infant Formula:
- NAN Pro 1:
- Wockhardt Farex 1:
- Similac Formula Stage 1: With rich content of minerals, carbohydrates, and proteins, Similac is also a good option.
- Nestle Lactogen: With brand reputation of Nestle, Lactogen is one of the best baby milk powders in India.
Is it safe to use Johnson's Baby Powder pure cornstarch?
It also cites that FDA study mentioned above, which found no asbestos in Johnson & Johnson's talc-based baby powder. Some baby powders (including some by J&J) contain cornstarch instead of talc, and there is no evidence linking cornstarch to ovarian cancer, according to the American Cancer Society.
What can you use as a substitute for baby powder?
There are some safe options instead of talc powder:
- Cornstarch. Found in the baking aisle of your local grocery store, cornstarch is a great natural alternative to talc.
- Arrowroot starch or tapioca starch.
- Baking soda.
- Oat flour.
- Commercial baby powder alternatives.