- Editor's choice. Kaspersky Internet Security for Mac. Best Mac Antivirus.
- Avast Free Mac Security. Best Free Mac Antivirus. 8/10.
- Bitdefender Antivirus for Mac. 8/10. Totally worth it.
- Norton Security Deluxe. 7/10. Very good.
- AVG Antivirus for Mac. 7/10. Very good.
- Sophos Home. Best for Families. 6/10.
- Avira Free Antivirus for Mac. 6/10.
Similarly, it is asked, do Macs come with built in virus protection?
Today, a Mac that runs the OS X operating system is still far more secure than a PC running Windows. But that's not to say Macs aren't at risk. Apple computers running OS X do have a default security program called XProtect built in. Unfortunately, testing has shown that protection to be quite unreliable.
Can a Macbook get a virus?
Additional security threats. Although a Mac is less susceptible to viruses, Mac users can still be the victims of trojan horses, phishing scams, and other online fraud. There is no such thing as a 100% safe computer, a Mac, Windows, and even Linux are all capable of being infected with a virus or other malware.
Are Apple computers virus free?
However, technically speaking, malware is the blanket term for all malicious software that could attack or infect a computer. “Mac OS X software has more high-risk vulnerabilities than all versions of Windows put together,” explains Bogdan, “Apple markets these products as virus-free.