Meet 15 pets that prove dogs are the best friend a person could have.
- The Scorpion. Not to start off with the obvious, but really?
- The Bearded Dragon.
- The Sugar Glider.
- The Tarantula.
- The Hissing Cockroach.
- The Hedgehog.
- The Burmese Python.
- The Fennec Fox.
If you purchased your new rabbit, costs can range from US$5 to US$20+ depending on the store and breeder. The cost of adopting your new companion will vary from rescue group to rescue group. Typically, a rabbit from a shelter or humane society will be around US$25.
This list assumes you are getting a single guinea pig. The cost of the guinea pig itself can vary from $10 to $40. You can acquire them from breeders, a rescue shelter or humane society, or from a pet store.
Their good qualities include a beautiful soft lush fur, an inquisitive, boisterous nature and no objectionable noises. They are very low-maintenance pets. On the down side, chinchillas are somewhat high-strung, and they have relatively short attention spans. They also do not tolerate hot weather or high humidity well.
5 Popular Pocket Pets
- Rats. Rats are very curious, intelligent animals and can make wonderful small pets.
- Guinea pigs. Like rats, guinea pigs are social beings, so you should plan to acquire a same sex pair so they can keep each other company.
Here Are 15 Exotic Animals Trying To Take The Best Pet Title Away From Dogs
- The Fennec Fox.
- The Kinkajou.
- The Skunk.
- The Serval.
- The Wallaby.
- The Capybaras.
- The Squirrel Monkey. Now, I know what you're thinking.
- The Slow Loris. The Slow Loris held on to the end because it's possibly the cutest, cuddliest creature on the list.
Typically pet stores charge $150 or more for a standard gray chinchilla; usually more for colored chins if they even sell them. Breeders typically start around the same price, although in areas with lots of chinchillas, the price can be as low as $80 for a standard.
How to Care for a Pet Rabbit
- Step 1: Set Up Safe Indoor Housing.
- Step 2: Bunny Proof Your House.
- Step 3: Provide Fresh Hay.
- Step 4: Provide Fresh Greens, Fiber-rich Pellets, and Fresh Water.
- Step 5: Set Up a Litter Box.
- Step 6: Provide Enrichment.
- Step 7: Groom Your Rabbit.
- Step 8: Bring Your Rabbit to a Rabbit-Savvy Vet.
Fennec Foxes as Pets. Fennec foxes can be kept as pets, although they are not very common. They are petite, save for their enormous ears. They behave much like dogs, but since they are not domesticated, they do require careful socialization as well as precautions against escape.
Fennec foxes cost approximately $1500-2000, and generally people will be placed on a waiting list for a year or more to obtain a kit from a breeder. Fennec foxes do not rehome well as they tend to bond with their first owner.
What follows is a list of 8 pets which are easy to take care of.
- Hissing Cockroach: The hissing cockroach are ideal low care pets | Source.
- Guinea Pig: Guinea pigs are affectionate and easy to care for.
- Syrian Hamster: Hamsters are excellent pets which are easy to care for.
- Leopard Gecko:
- African Dwarf Frog:
Do Ferrets Make Good Pets? Ferrets are the third most common "uncaged" pet in the United States behind dogs and cats. These members of the weasel family are lively, smart and affectionate. They can make excellent pets if you are willing to give them a great deal of care and attention.
Wild hedgehogs have been living in Africa forever but only in recent years have they been kept as pets. Most North American pet hedgehogs,typically called African pygmy hedgehogs,were bredfrom African species and are considered domesticated. But hedgehogs are not meant for everyone.
The purchase price of a ferret can vary widely, ranging from $65 to more than $250. But the cost of buying the animal is only part of your initial cost. In addition to the purchase price, you can expect to pay another $150 to $350 for vaccinations (including rabies), veterinary examinations, and basic supplies.