Where is the pound sign on my keyboard?
Press Alt with the appropriate letter. For example, to type € (euro symbol), press Alt + E ; to type £ (pound symbol), press Alt + L . Stop the mouse over each button to learn its keyboard shortcut. Alt + click a button to copy a single character to the clipboard.
Press and hold the ALT key and type the number 0163 to make a Pound symbol. Use unicode Pound symbol in a html document or copy paste the character.
- The UK keyboard has 1 more key than the U.S. keyboard (UK=62, US=61, on the typewriter keys) The Alt key to the right of the space bar is replaced by an AltGr key. The # symbol is replaced by the £ symbol and a 102nd key is added next to the Enter key to accommodate the displaced # € is produced by AltGr + 4.
- Method 2 On Windows 7
- Open the Start menu. It's in the lower-left corner of the screen.
- Click on Control Panel.
- Click on Clock, Language, and Region.
- Click on Regional and Language Options.
- Click on Keyboards and Languages.
- Click on Change keyboards….
- Click on Installed services.
- Click on Add….
- The euro sign (€) is the currency sign used for the euro, the official currency of the Eurozone in the European Union (EU). The design was presented to the public by the European Commission on 12 December 1996. The international three-letter code (according to ISO standard ISO 4217) for the euro is EUR.
Press the alt key to the right of the space bar ( alt gr ), and the key above the enter key (which should typically be hash on a US keyboard set to UK input - but on your laptop it is actually the key!). This should provide a backslash!
- On English keyboards the forward slash is on the same key as the question mark key next to the right Shift key. To create a forward slash on a smartphone or tablet open the keyboard and go into the numbers (123) or symbols (sym) section and then press your finger on the / symbol.
- The backslash is used only for computer coding. The forward slash, often simply referred to as a slash, is a punctuation mark used in English. The only time it is appropriate to use a comma after a slash is when demonstrating breaks between lines of poetry, songs, or plays.
- It's not slang, and the word you want is almost certainly backlash: a strong negative reaction by a large number of people, especially to a social or political development: a public backlash against racism. By contrast, Oxford Dictionaries define a backslash as.
The US layout, where the @ symbol shares the 2 key is the most popular place; sometimes its Shift + 2 but if that doesn't work try Alt + Shift + 2 or Alt Gr + 2 (Alt Gr key is to the right of the spacebar).
- Ensure that the Num Lock key has been pressed, to activate the numeric key section of the keyboard.
- Press the Alt key, and hold it down.
- While the Alt key is pressed, type the sequence of numbers (on the numeric keypad) from the Alt code in the above table.
- Release the Alt key, and the character will appear.
- Press and hold the ALT key and type the number 0163 to make a Pound symbol. Use unicode Pound symbol in a html document or copy paste the character.
- Users of English (US) keyboards under Microsoft Windows can obtain the inverted question mark "¿" using the Alt code method by holding down the Alt key and pressing 0191, 6824, or 168 on the number pad and the inverted exclamation mark "¡" with number pad code 0161 or 173.
Updated: 26th November 2019