How to find the IP number and MAC address of a network card
- Click the Run button in the Windows Start Menu.
- Type cmd in the Open prompt of the Run menu and click OK to launch a command prompt window.
- Type ipconfig /all at the command prompt to check the network card settings.
Consequently, is the Mac address the same as the physical address?
Physical and MAC addresses are the same, just different naming conventions. Each device should have a unique MAC address assigned by its vendor. The logical addressing is the IP address assigned to interfaces.
How do you find your MAC address?
To locate the Wireless Adapter MAC Address, follow these steps:
- Press the Windows Start key to open the Start screen.
- Type cmd and press Enter to launch the command prompt.
- Type ipconfig /all into the command prompt.
- Look for the Wireless Adapter MAC address listed as Physical Address.
What is a MAC address and IP address?
A MAC address is given to a network adapter when it is manufactured. It is hardwired or hard-coded onto your computer's network interface card (NIC) and is unique to it. Something called the ARP (Address Resolution Protocol) translates an IP address into a MAC address.