Where do I find my junk mail folder in Gmail?
Gmail lists the folders to the left. You may need to use the pulldown MORE link to find the SPAM folder. As you scroll through the list, check those that are not spam, then at the top of the page, click the NO SPAM link.
Trash. Any mail that you delete from your inbox goes to your trash folder. After going to your trash folder, Gmail will automatically delete any trashed message after 30 days. The same is true for any messages your spam folder.
- Furthermore, Gmail will automatically delete all of the spam messages in your Spam folder every thirty days. Even so, if you really want to keep your Gmail account free from spam, you can opt to automatically delete all of them the moment they arrive on your Inbox.
- Navigate to the spam or trash folder in your Gmail app. Click the menu button (3 dots in the right hand corner) and select “Delete Spam” or “Empty Trash” from the list. Wait 2-3 seconds and voila, it's all gone.
- To permanently delete messages in the Junk folder:
- Select an individual message and click on the Delete (trash can) icon in the upper menu, or right-click and select Delete.
- To quickly delete all messages, right-click on the Junk folder itself and select Delete All or Empty Folder.
To add a sender to your Gmail's list of blocked senders and have their messages go to the Spam folder automatically:
- Open a message from the sender you want to block.
- Click the More menu button (sporting a triangle pointed downward (?) next to the Reply button in the message's header area).
- Forward unwanted or deceptive messages to:
- the Federal Trade Commission at [email protected] Be sure to include the complete spam email.
- your email provider. At the top of the message, state that you're complaining about being spammed.
- the sender's email provider, if you can tell who it is.
- How to Setup email filter in Gmail
- Login to your Gmail account.
- Go to the “Settings” page.
- Select the “Filters” tab from the Settings Page.
- Click on the “Create a new filter” link.
- Put the keyword [spam] in the “Has the words” field and Click the “Next” button.
- Open Gmail.
- At the top right, click Settings .
- Click Settings.
- Click Filters and Blocked Addresses.
- Find the filter you'd like to change.
- Click edit or delete to remove the filter. If you're editing the filter, click Continue when you're done editing.
- Click Update filter or OK.
To go to your JUNKMAIL folder, look at the top right of the screen where it says Open Folder. To the right of that is a drop-down menu which says INBOX. By clicking on the word INBOX you can choose to go into any mail folder you have. Select the JUNKMAIL folder by clicking on the word JUNKMAIL.
- RoundCube Webmail
- Visit the cPanel webmail interface and choose RoundCube.
- Click on the Settings icon in the top-right corner of the page.
- Click on the Folders tab.
- Click the + button in the bottom-left corner of the Folders panel to create a new folder.
- Under Folder properties, in the Folder name field, type 'spam'.
- Mark and filter junk mail. You can use the Mail app to mark messages as junk so that later messages from the same sender are automatically marked as junk: On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iOS 7 or later, open the message, tap the flag icon at the bottom, then tap Move to Junk.
- Go to Inbox or other mailboxs that have no "Delete All", and click Edit on the top corner. Step 2. After selecting one email, press and hold the "Move" on the bottom and then uncheck the email you selected. (Make sure not release "Move" until you uncheck all the items you checked before.)
Updated: 26th November 2019