When was UNO awarded with Nobel Peace Prize?
24 individual organizations have been awarded the Nobel Peace Prize, as UNHCR, the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees, has received the Nobel Peace Prize twice, in 1954 and 1981, and the work of Comité international de la Croix Rouge (International Committee of the Red Cross) (ICRC) has been
Kofi Annan is best known for his role as secretary-general of the United Nations.
- The GS-5 pay grade generally marks an entry-level position. Starting salary for a GS-5 employee is $28,545.00 per year at Step 1, with a maximum possible base pay of $37,113.00 per year at Step 10. The hourly base pay of a Step 1 GS-5 employee is $13.68 per hour1.
- Equivalent Civilian to Military Ranks
Civilian Grade Military Rank Army Title GS-11, GS-12 O-3 Captain GS-13 O-4 Major GS-14 O-5 Lieutenant Colonel GS-15 O-6 Colonel
- GS-15 pay is capped at level V of the Executive Schedule. Starting salary for a GS-15 employee is $103,672.00 per year at Step 1, with a maximum possible base pay of $134,776.00 per year at Step 10. The hourly base pay of a Step 1 GS-15 employee is $49.68 per hour1.
- On 13 October 2016, the UN General Assembly adopted by acclamation a resolution to formally appoint António Guterres of Portugal as Secretary-General for a five-year term of office, starting on 1 January 2017.
- Macau territory profile. Tiny Macau, a special administrative region of China, has seen its low-key colonial character give way to massive commercial and tourist development. The former Portuguese colony, a near neighbour of Hong Kong, occupies a small peninsula and two islands off China's southern coast.
- The Taiwan Strait, or Formosa Strait, is a 180 kilometres (110 mi)-wide strait separating the island of Taiwan from mainland China. The strait is part of the South China Sea and connects to the East China Sea to the north.
April 8, 1938
age 80 years
- On the basis of per capital income, India is considered as one of the poor countries in the world. However, India still remains one of the most underdeveloped countries in respect of per capita income. According to World Development Report 2005, India was one of the forty-six low income countries in 2003.
- “India remains generally safe for female travelers and most women will experience, at worst, unwelcome attention from men,” it added, while cautioning tourists against traveling alone or in small groups. “But India is a lot more safe than other countries,” she added.
- The short answer is yes, it is very safe in fact. Nepal feels more safe than most other countries around the globe, possibly due to the the religious nature of the people and their natural kindness. Over the past 10 years Nepal has enjoyed a growing fascination to visit from travellers from all over the world.
Updated: 2nd October 2019