The Serenity PrayerAs the original prayer: God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; courage to change the things I can; and wisdom to know the difference.
Subsequently, one may also ask, what you can tolerate you Cannot change?
I agree with what Cesar Millan said: indeed, you cannot change what you tolerate. Nor can you fix what you don't acknowledge. We see this in so many aspects of life in things like our jobs, our relationships and (especially) our health.
Likewise, what to do when you can't change a situation?
How to Stop Worrying About Things You Can't Change
- Determine what you can control.
- Focus on your influence.
- Identify your fears.
- Differentiate between ruminating and problem-solving.
- Create a plan to manage your stress.
- Develop healthy affirmations.
How do I let go?
How to Let Go of Things from the Past
- Create a positive mantra to counter the painful thoughts.
- Create physical distance.
- Do your own work.
- Practice mindfulness.
- Be gentle with yourself.
- Allow the negative emotions to flow.
- Accept that the other person may not apologize.
- Engage in self-care.