What Towers does Straight Talk use in my area?
Straight Talk is a type of carrier known as an MVNO (mobile virtual network operator), which means that it doesn't run or own a wireless network. Instead, it purchases the right to use towers from AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon, and Sprint.
To complete the Preferred Roaming List update:
- Call *228 from your home coverage area.
- When prompted, select 2 to update your phone's preferred roaming list. (This process may take up to 2 minutes.)
- Once completed, a confirmation message will be played, and a message will display on the phone's screen.
- Carrier Reset Settings: ##72786# and ##25327# A carrier reset can help resolve data connection problems by reprovisioning your phone onto the wireless network. Although this device will not delete the data (pictures, videos, applications) on your phone, it's still a good idea to complete a backup prior to the reset.
- *228 is a function that is seldom needed and is used for U.S. Cellular internal processes. Please do not use this function unless instructed by a U.S. Cellular Associate. If you have questions or concerns please reach out to U.S. Cellular Customer Service. This is used to power the on/off Wireless Modem.
- Update the PRL (Preferred Roaming List) on your Samsung Epic 4G
- From the home screen, tap the Menu key.
- Tap Settings.
- Scroll down and tap About phone.
- Tap System updates.
- Tap Update PRL.
- Tap OK.
- You have now updated the PRL.
To upgrade, please go to www.straighttalk.com/Activate and select the radio button "Activate or reactivate my phone with a number transferred from another Straight Talk phone" and click on "Continue" then please sign in to your account to complete this process. Your transfer may take up to 24 hours.
- and your Straight Talk Cell Phone Number when contacting us so we can give you the best possible service. Contact us by: Phone at: 1-877-430-CELL (2355) Sim Customers at: 1-855-222-CELL (2355) Home Phone at: 1-800-299-7784.
- Straight Talk is a pay-as-you go prepaid wireless phone service that requires no long-term contracts, no credit checks, no activation fees, no monthly bills, and no age limits!
Updated: 26th November 2019