What toothpaste contain triclosan?
Products containing TRICLOSAN
|7.||Colgate Total Daily Repair Toothpaste||Toothpaste|
|8.||Colgate Total Whitening Anticavity Fluoride and Antigingivitis Toothpaste Gel||Toothpaste|
|9.||Cetaphil Antibacterial Gentle Cleansing Bar||Bar Soap|
|10.||Cetaphil Gentle Cleansing Antibacterial Bar||Bar Soap|
The use of triclosan is linked to the following effects on human health:
- Abnormal endocrine system/thyroid hormone signaling.
- Weakening of immune system.
- Children exposed to antibacterial products at an early age have an increased chance of developing allergies, asthma and eczema.
- Uncontrolled cell growth.
- FDA Finally Bans Toxic Triclosan from Antibacterial Hand Soaps. WASHINGTON – The federal Food and Drug Administration announced today that triclosan, a toxic chemical ingredient associated with hormone disruption in people, will no longer be allowed in antibacterial hand soaps, which EWG noted as a significant success.
- Triclosan has activity against many, but not all, types of Gram-positive and Gram-negative bacteria. It is bacteriostatic at low concentrations, but higher concentrations are bactericidal.
- Products containing TRICLOSAN
Product Product Type(s) 7. Colgate Total Daily Repair Toothpaste Toothpaste 8. Colgate Total Whitening Anticavity Fluoride and Antigingivitis Toothpaste Gel Toothpaste 9. Cetaphil Antibacterial Gentle Cleansing Bar Bar Soap 10. Cetaphil Gentle Cleansing Antibacterial Bar Bar Soap
GlaxoSmithKline has removed triclosan from Aquafresh and Sensodyne, and P&G's toothpastes have been triclosan-free for years, the article found. Total is currently the only toothpaste containing triclosan that's approved by the FDA.
- Ingredients in Sensodyne Toothpaste
- Sodium Lauryl Sulfate.
- Sodium Fluoride.
- Potassium Nitrate.
- Sodium Phosphate.
- Xanathan Gum.
- Hydrated Silica.
- Triclosan is an ingredient added to many consumer products intended to reduce or prevent bacterial contamination. It is added to some antibacterial soaps and body washes, toothpastes, and some cosmetics—products regulated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
- Sensodyne toothpaste. Sensodyne states that its Pronamel line of toothpastes is gluten-free. The company doesn't use gluten ingredients in any of its other toothpastes but says its raw materials suppliers cannot guarantee there's no gluten contamination in them.
Colgate Total® toothpaste is uniquely formulated with 0.3% of the antibacterial ingredient triclosan to fight harmful plaque germs, which are the cause of most common oral health problems. There are more published, peer-reviewed clinical studies of Colgate Total ® than of any other toothpaste in the world.
- Colgate Total® toothpaste is uniquely formulated with 0.3% of the antibacterial ingredient triclosan to fight harmful plaque germs, which are the cause of most common oral health problems.
- The Best Toothpastes
- Crest Pro-Health Original Flavor Toothpaste Clean Mint. Best for General Use.
- Sensodyne ProNamel Fresh Breath Toothpaste. Best for Sensitive Teeth.
- Tom's of Maine Simply White Natural Fluoride Toothpaste Sweet Mint.
- The Natural Dentist Healthy Teeth & Gums Anti-Cavity Toothpaste Peppermint Twist.
- Instead of Triclosan, Crest chose to use an active ingredient called Stannous Fluoride. Crest Pro-Health toothpastes are formulated to deliver the same plaque and gingivitis benefits and more without Triclosan. With regular brushing, Crest Pro-Health toothpastes protect ALL the areas dentists check most.
Updated: 6th October 2019