- Try to locate an assistance program near you. Some agencies provide homeless prevention assistance.
- Apply for Public Housing and/or Section 8 Housing.
- Apply for Transitional Housing.
- Make sure your ID is current and available.
- Make an Emergency Pack.
Consequently, how can I get immediate housing?
- Contact a homeless service provider in your community.
- Contact a housing counseling agency in your area or call 800-569-4287.
- Find affordable rental housing near you.
- Get assistance with home improvements.
- Find assistance to avoid foreclosure near you or call the Making Home Affordable hotline 888-995-4673.
Beside above, what to do if you have nowhere to live?
How can I get free housing?
- Live on the Water. If you live in a city that has a waterfront, your best bet to find free housing may not be on land.
- Share a Place. A number of cities across the country such asSeattle offer.
- Be a House-Sitter.
- Travel the World.
- Work and Learn.
- Move Back Home.
- Take in Boarders.
- Manage an Apartment.
Where can I stay if I have no money?
- Couchsurfing. The most popular site for free stay is Couchsurfing.
- BeWelcome. A nonprofit with more than 70k members, BeWelcome aims at connecting you with a local to show you their city, no matter where you go.
- Trust Roots.