- Cholesterol screening.
- Chest X-ray.
- CT scan.
- Echocardiogram and/or cardiac stress test.
- MRI or PET scanning.
Subsequently, one may also ask, what is a thin blood vessel called?
What causes blockage of blood vessels?
What are the symptoms of carotid artery disease?
- Sudden numbness or weakness in the face or limbs, often on only one side of the body.
- Sudden trouble speaking and understanding.
- Sudden trouble seeing in one or both eyes.
- Sudden dizziness or loss of balance.
- Sudden, severe headache with no known cause.