- Dried beans.
- Dried fruits, such as apricots.
- Egg yolk.
- Some whole grain cereals, if they are fortified with iron.
- Liver is rich in iron, but doctors and most dietitians advise pregnant women to avoid liver.
- Lean meat.
- Oysters (pregnant women should eat them cooked).
Hereof, what foods can cause a miscarriage?
- High-Mercury Fish. Mercury is a highly toxic element.
- Undercooked or Raw Fish. Raw fish, especially shellfish, can cause several infections.
- Undercooked, Raw and Processed Meat.
- Raw Eggs.
- Organ Meat.
- Raw Sprouts.
- Unwashed Produce.
What foods to avoid in first trimester?
- Some types of cheese. Don't eat mould-ripened soft cheese, such as brie, camembert and chevre (a type of goat's cheese) and others with a similar rind.
- Raw or partially cooked eggs.
- Raw or undercooked meat.
- Liver products.
- Supplements containing vitamin A.
- Some types of fish.
- Raw shellfish.
What foods can you not eat when pregnant?
- Raw Meat: Uncooked seafood and rare or undercooked beef or poultry should be avoided because of the risk of contamination with coliform bacteria, toxoplasmosis, and salmonella.
- Fish with Mercury: Fish that contain high levels of mercury should be avoided.