While growing peppermint around your house is one possible method for using this popular herb to deter ants (and other pests), you can also mix up a peppermint essential oil and water solution – about 10 drops in a small bottle of water – to spray windowsills and door frames or directly onto lines of marching ants to
Also know, what are natural ways to get rid of ants?
2. White Vinegar
- Mix equal parts of white vinegar and water.
- Pour the solution into a spray bottle.
- Add a few drops of any essential oil and shake the bottle thoroughly.
- Spray this solution around baseboards and other entry points.
- After an hour, wipe up the ants using a damp paper towel and discard them.
How do you keep ants out of your house?
Best of all, the “recipes” are all natural and involve items you're likely to have in your home already.
- Deterrence. The best way to get rid of ants is to prevent them from ever considering your home an easy target.
- Lemon juice.
- Peppermint oil.
- Spices and herbs.
- Coffee grounds.
- Chalk and baby powder.
Is there an essential oil that repels ants?
Essential oils: You can use essential oils such as peppermint, citrus oil and tea tree oil to make an ant-repellent spray. Use a mix of 15 drops peppermint oil and seven drops lemon oil with water to spray food-preparation areas.