What percentage of the population of China is male?
China's population stood at 1.36 billion at the end of last year, according to official statistics released this week, of whom 700 million are men and 667 million are women. "The gender ratio at birth is still dangerously high, with 115.88 boys born to every 100 girls in 2014," the official Xinhua news agency reported.
China's population is 1.411 billion, the largest of any country in the world. According to the 2010 census, 91.51% of the population was Han Chinese, and 8.49% were minorities. China's population growth rate is only 0.59%, ranking 159th in the world.
- But what is the maximum "power of the Earth to produce subsistence," and when will our numbers push the planet to its limit? More importantly, was Malthus' vision of the future correct? Many scientists think Earth has a maximum carrying capacity of 9 billion to 10 billion people. [How Do You Count 7 Billion People?]
- There are approximately 360,000 babies born per day and 15,000 births per hour worldwide. That is more than twice the number of people who die each day. Just under half of the world's total population is comprised of children 18 and under. The average life expectancy worldwide for new babies born each year is 67.
- India is set to surpass China as the world's most populous country -- and much sooner than previously thought. China now has a population of 1.38 billion, compared to India's 1.31 billion, according to new data from the United Nations.
China Population (1950 - 2018)
- India Population (1950 - 2018)
Year Population Density (P/Km²) 2017 1,342,512,706 451.54 2016 1,326,801,576 446.26 2015 1,311,050,527 440.96 2014 1,295,291,543 435.66
- The Chinese climate varies from region to region since the country is massive! In the northeast the summers are hot and dry and the winters are freezing cold. The north and central regions have frequent bouts of rain coupled with hot summers and cold winters.
- Causes of Over Population. The two main common causes leading to over population in India are: The birth rate is still higher than the death rate. The fertility rate due to the population policies and other measures has been falling but even then it is much higher compared to other countries.
Updated: 3rd December 2019