Can I take other painkillers with naproxen?
- It's fine to take paracetamol with naproxen.
- However, do not take painkilling doses of aspirin, or other related anti-inflammatory painkillers (NSAIDs) like diclofenac or ibuprofen with naproxen, as this increases the risk of side effects on the stomach and intestines.
Also asked, what drugs interact with naproxen sodium?
- Naproxen may interact with several types of blood pressure medications and make them less effective.
- Some types of antacids medications may make naproxen less effective.
- Naproxen should be taken very carefully with other NSAIDs, including aspirin.
Is it safe to take paracetamol and naproxen together?
Naproxen 500mg tablets are a prescription-strength anti-inflammatory and painkiller. They are stronger than the over-the-counter treatments such as ibuprofen and aspirin. Naproxen 500mg tablets are a stronger painkiller than paracetamol, however they can be taken together when extra pain relief is required.
How long does it take for naproxen to get in your system?
Hi Jenavive, Naproxen is an Nsaid pain reliever, it should take about 45 minutes to start working if taken orally, Naproxen is kind of like ibuprofen, but a bit different, so it works similar.