- Watch your weight.
- Eat fresh fruit, vegetables, whole wheat products and some pulses (high in purine) every day.
- Enjoy low-fat milk and dairy products daily.
- Keep an eye on the purine content of food.
- Eat no more than 100g of meat, sausages, fish and poultry a day.
In respect to this, is canned tuna high in uric acid?
What vegetables are high in uric acid?
- Alcoholic beverages (all types)
- Some fish, seafood and shellfish, including anchovies, sardines, herring, mussels, codfish, scallops, trout and haddock.
- Some meats, such as bacon, turkey, veal, venison and organ meats like liver.