What NFL player has been in the NFL the longest?
George Blanda, who played both as a kicker and a quarterback, has the longest NFL career of all time, playing for 26 seasons in total. Quarterbacks not only have a longer career than the average NFL player, but they command the highest salaries in the league.
All-time most appearances (minimum 200 games played)
|1||Morten Andersen*||K ^|
|3||Jeff Feagles||P ^|
|4||George Blanda*||K, QB|
- George Blanda, who played both as a kicker and a quarterback, has the longest NFL career of all time, playing for 26 seasons in total. Quarterbacks not only have a longer career than the average NFL player, but they command the highest salaries in the league.
- In 2000, he became the NFL's all-time leading scorer, eclipsing George Blanda – a record Anderson held until his retirement in 2004. He left the game at the age of 45 after 23 years in the NFL, which is the third-longest playing tenure to date.
- Apart from the 1972 Dolphins, three NFL teams have completed undefeated and untied regular seasons: the 1934 Chicago Bears, the 1942 Chicago Bears, and the 2007 New England Patriots.
Adam Vinatieri, right, is set to be the oldest player in the NFL this season. With Jason Hanson retiring, the honor of being the oldest player in the NFL now goes to fellow kicker Adam Vinatieri. In fact, seven of the 10 oldest players currently on an NFL roster are special teams players.
- 100 verified oldest people
Rank Name Age 1 Jeanne Calment 122 years, 164 days 2 Sarah Knauss 119 years, 97 days 3 Nabi Tajima 117 years, 260 days 4 Lucy Hannah 117 years, 248 days
- Consider that great fastball pitchers are tiny increments ahead of one another, and that the great Koufax was never timed faster than 93.2; the notion that Feller threw more than 7 mph faster than Ryan is dazzling. That the gap between Ryan and any pitcher could be 7 mph invites some skepticism.
- Most Home Runs in One Season—45 or More
HR Player/Team Year 73 Barry Bonds, San Francisco (N.L.) 2001 70 Mark McGwire, St. Louis (N.L.) 1998 66 Sammy Sosa, Chicago (N.L.) 1998 65 Mark McGwire, St. Louis (N.L.) 1999
Oldest Player. Legendary quarterback and hall of famer George Blanda played in the NFL from 1948 until 1976, when he was 48. He played for 26 seasons, a record. And until 2000, he held the record of most points scored in a career, with 2,002.
- Dec 8, 2008.
COPENHAGEN, Denmark -- Kicker Morten Andersen, the NFL's career-leading scorer, is retiring because of knee problems. The 48-year-old Dane, who scored 2,544 points during his 25-year career, played for the Atlanta Falcons the past two seasons but wasn't able to get a contract this year.
- Born on September 2, 1948, in Shreveport, Louisiana, professional football player Terry Bradshaw was named an All-American while playing for Louisiana Polytechnic Institute. The first player selected in the 1970 NFL draft, Bradshaw went to great success with the Pittsburgh Steelers.
- List of National Basketball Association seasons played leaders
- Robert Parish was the first to play 21 seasons in the NBA, currently tied for the most in league history.
- Kevin Garnett began his career with Minnesota, returning later and tying the record of 21 seasons played in 2016.
- Kareem Abdul-Jabbar retired in 1989 with a then-record of 20 seasons played.
Updated: 3rd October 2019