- Atopic dermatitis.
In this regard, how do you treat dry skin?
- Close the bathroom door.
- Limit your time in the shower or bath to 5 or 10 minutes.
- Use warm rather than hot water.
- Wash with a gentle, fragrance-free cleanser.
- Apply enough cleanser to remove dirt and oil, but avoid using so much that you see a thick lather.
What are the symptoms of dry skin?
- A feeling of skin tightness, especially after showering, bathing or swimming.
- Skin that feels and looks rough.
- Itching (pruritus)
- Slight to severe flaking, scaling or peeling.
- Fine lines or cracks.
- Gray, ashy skin.
- Deep cracks that may bleed.
How do you get rid of dry skin?