What makeup to use to cover up acne?
Pick the right primer for your skin. Use oil-free primer to keep your makeup in place. It can be especially difficult to keep concealer on an inflamed zit, but a dab of primer does the trick. Lightweight primers are less likely to irritate acne and are easier on oily skin.
Ideally, you need both concealer and a feather brush to apply it. Green cancels the red in pimples, but yellow, brown, or dark brown concealer can also cover up pimples, and you can use the concealer skin problems other than acne, such as circles under the eyes. A light touch is essential in applying concealer.
- If your circles are more blue-tinged, use a yellow based concealer one shade lighter than your skin tone. This color masks the blue discoloration and brightens the skin. If you have more brown colored circles, then use a peach or orange based concealer- 80% of all women fall under this category.
- Green Concealers: As I just mentioned, the color green neutralizes the color red, which is why green concealers are wonderful for getting rid of any redness on your face. Use a green based spot concealer to remove redness from an annoying zit, or any acne scars.
- A hickey or a love bite is a visible mark on the skin caused by kissing, sucking or biting. It is basically a bruise that forms because the pressure on the skin makes the blood vessels burst. It can be reddish, pink or purple, but its color changes as the hickey heals, gradually turning greenish, brown, gray or yellow.
A normal concealer will be a shade or two lighter than your skin or a shade or two darker than your skin tone if it is being used to contour/highlight your face our to just conceal marks on the face. Corrective concealers come in the colors green, orange/peach, white, yellow, pink and purple.
- Use a yellow tone from Avon's Colour Corrector Palette on paler skin tones and the orange shade works well on more olive toned skins. Apply the corrector before your base, then apply foundation, and if you need more help go in on top with a light-reflecting concealer."
- If you're looking to conceal yellow spots, a spot concealer is best. This particular concealer color is a mixture of red, orange, and yellow hues, which are across from the blue, purple, and green hues on the color wheel. That's why this color is best to combat dark under eye circles.
- Green cancels the red in pimples, but yellow, brown, or dark brown concealer can also cover up pimples, and you can use the concealer skin problems other than acne, such as circles under the eyes. A light touch is essential in applying concealer.
Updated: 6th October 2019