It is important to wash the tattoo lightly, but be sure to remove all ointment, blood, and any other residue. After washing the tattoo, apply an ointment. Some commonly recommended ointments would be Bacitracin, A+D Ointment and Aquaphor; I would recommend staying away from Vaseline and petroleum jelly.
Similarly, you may ask, what cream do you put on a new tattoo?
1. Eucerin Aquaphor Healing Ointment. This alcohol-free ointment is best to slather on after you gently wash and pat or air dry your new tattoo. Remember, apply very thin layers about four times a day until peeling begins.
What cream is best to use for a new tattoo?
These are the best tattoo creams and lotions you'll want to maintain your new ink.
- Hustle Butter Deluxe.
- Billy Jealousy Tattoo Lotion.
- Aquaphor Advanced Therapy Healing Ointment.
- H2Ocean Ocean Care Tattoo Aftercare Cream.
- After Inked Tattoo Moisturizer & Aftercare Lotion.
- Tattoo Goo Original Aftercare Lotion.
Can you put antibiotic ointment on a new tattoo?
Do not use Neosporin, Bacitracin, Triple Antibiotic Ointment, A&D, Vaseline, Preparation H, Bag Balm, or Olive Oil. Most of these products have a petroleum base. The petroleum base prevents oxygen from reaching your tattoo. It is too thick to be absorbed by your skin.