WorldEdit is an easy-to-use in-game Minecraft map editor. Through a combination of commands and "brushes," you can sculpt your world or simply perform numerous terraforming tasks. Quickly create, replace or delete thousands of blocks in seconds.
Part 1 Installing MCEdit
- Click on “Download MCEdit.”
- Select the version of MCEdit you want downloaded to your computer, then save the installation file to your desktop.
- Navigate to your desktop, then double-click on the MCEdit installation file.
- Select the option to “Extract” the MCEdit folder.
MCEdit is a versatile map editor, designed for moving blocks, creating land, adding others' creation, or just about anything possible within Minecraft.
About MCEdit 2.0. MCEdit 2 is an open source world editor for the popular game Minecraft. MCEdit was first created to allow players to preserve anything built with several old versions of Minecraft and take them forward into newer versions of the game.
It has similar qualities to Dirt, except Grass cannot grow on it. Podzol cannot be converted into Farmland or Grass Paths. Moss Stone can be found in the Mega Taiga Biome on top of Podzol.
The mega taiga is an uncommon biome composed of spruce trees, much like the standard taiga biome. However, some trees are 2×2 thick and very tall, alike to large jungle trees. Moss stone boulders appear frequently, brown mushrooms are common and podzol can be found on the forest floor.
Main Biome Types
- Plains. Plains are mostly flat, grassy areas.
- Desert. The desert has lots of sand.
- Mesa. This is a variation on the desert theme, with red sand and hills made of hardened clay.
- Taiga. Taiga is a cold, Northern forest with spruce trees.
- Extreme Hills.
- Ice Plains.
A rare biome consisting of hardened clay, stained clay, and dead bushes – similar to a desert. Red sand will also generate here instead of regular sand, with occasional cacti. Its composition is useful when other sources of clay are scarce. However, finding mesa biomes can be difficult due to their rarity.
Gold ore is a fairly rare ore found in Minecraft. When mined with an Iron Pickaxe or better, it drops one Gold Ore. It serves little use in crafting tools because the resulting tools won't be very durable, a fact often overlooked by players. Gold ore is found deeper than many ores in the game, below layer 30.
Find Red Sand. First, you need to find red sand in your Minecraft. Red sand is usually found in the Mesa biome.
The bay name comes from kai halulu which means "roaring sea" in the Hawaiian language. The hill name comes from ka ʻuiki which means "the glimmer". The sand is a deep red-black, which contrasts with the blue water, the black sea wall, and the green ironwood trees.
Red Sand. Red Sand is a block added to Minecraft in Update 1.7 that can be found in the Mesa Biome. It is also affected by gravity, like its counterpart in the Desert Biome.
Basically the iron-rich minerals in the sand have broken down into very small particles and have stained the quartz grains red. Effectively, it's rust.
How to get Sand in Survival Mode
- Find a Block of Sand. First, you need to find a block of sand to dig up.
- Hold a Tool. You can dig up sand with anything including your hand, but it is faster to use a tool such as a shovel.
- Mine the Sand.
- Pick up the Sand.
Food coloring is also acceptable for dying sand. You may need to add dye several times until it gets to the desired shade you like. The sand will dry lighter so do not worry if the dye is very dark. Dry tempera paint powder is a nice additive that helps create bright colors.
How to get Gravel in Survival Mode
- Find a Block of Gravel. First, you need to find a block of gravel to dig up.
- Hold a Tool. You can dig up gravel with anything including your hand, but it is faster to use a tool such as a shovel:
- Mine the Gravel.
- Pick up the Gravel.
How to get Flint in Survival Mode
- Find a Block of Gravel. First, you need to find a few blocks of gravel to dig up.
- Hold a Tool. You can dig up gravel with anything including your hand, but it is faster to use a tool.
- Mine the Gravel.
- Pick up the Flint.
When a block of gravel is mined, there is a 10% chance that a single piece of flint will drop instead of the gravel block. When mined with a Fortune-enchanted tool, this chance is increased to 14% at Fortune I, 25% at Fortune II, and 100% at Fortune III.
Finding the Minecraft mods folder. Before you can install a mod, you need to find your minecraft folder. On Windows: do Start / Run / %appdata%, or type %appdata% into the location field of the Windows Explorer; then open Minecraft.
Press Windows + R to open the Run window, type %AppData% and press Enter. Double click on Roaming and then on .minecraft. There you'll see the mods folder. Copy the files you've downloaded in the mods folder.