What is the work efficiency?
the state or quality of being efficient, or able to accomplish something with the least waste of time and effort; competency in performance. accomplishment of or ability to accomplish a job with a minimum expenditure of time and effort: The assembly line increased industry's efficiency.
A good employee is an asset to any organization as the key to the organization's success is the effectiveness of the employees working in it. A happy employee is a productive employee and productivity is what contributes to the growth of any organization. The following traits are distinctive of efficient employees.
- Based on numerous Internet discussions and lessons learned from life, here are the top 10 best qualities for any person.
- Be honest. Honesty is a way of life.
- Be happy. It's not about money, looks or status.
- Be respectful of others.
- Be easygoing and fun.
- Be confident.
- Be emotionally open.
- Be disciplined.
- Take pride in yourself.
- In this post we'll examine some of the specific qualities of a good employee hiring managers are after.
- Strong work ethic: Setting and achieving goals.
- Dependable: Consistently following through.
- Positive attitude: Creating a good environment.
- Self-motivated: Working effectively with little direction.
- Make room for increased productivity by putting these habits into play:
- Cut your to-do list in half.
- Take more breaks.
- Follow the 80/20 rule.
- Use your morning to focus on yourself.
- Tackle your challenging tasks before lunch.
- Improve your email etiquette.
- Create a system.
- Stop confusing productivity with laziness.
performing or functioning in the best possible manner with the least waste of time and effort; having and using requisite knowledge, skill, and industry; competent; capable: a reliable, efficient assistant. satisfactory and economical to use: Our new air conditioner is more efficient than our old one.
- Use a stopwatch while you work.
- Use a stopwatch or another type of timer to keep track of how long you work on each task.
- Set goals for yourself and turn this into a game; you'll work far more rapidly if you're attempting to beat the clock.
- Try to do unimportant tasks within ten minutes.
- Efficiency is defined as the ability to produce something with a minimum amount of effort. An example of efficiency is a reduction in the number of workers needed to make a car.
- 5 Tips To Stay Productive All Day Long
- Get back to basics: A good night's sleep and early rise. It's no secret that a good night's sleep is the key to a great (and productive) day.
- Set goals and practice discipline.
- Give yourself some “me time”–and a few cups of coffee.
- Be more Zen.
- Avoid what you know will kill your productivity.
This post will walk you through 15 simple but effective strategies for increasing your productivity at work.
- Track and limit how much time you're spending on tasks.
- Take regular breaks.
- Set self-imposed deadlines.
- Follow the "two-minute rule."
- Just say no to meetings.
- Hold standing meetings.
- Quit multitasking.
- Here are four ways you can improve your work environment and, in turn, employee engagement.
- Hire great team members (and don't be afraid to let bad ones go) Smart businesses know that a good work environment starts with hiring the right people.
- Improve the lighting.
- 3. Make the office comfortable.
- Improve communication.
- Here are our 10 top ways for you to bring down your bills and reduce your carbon footprint at the same time.
- Insulate your loft.
- Upgrade your boiler.
- Hang thick curtains and insulate your doors.
- Watch your energy consumption.
- Switch to a cheaper energy tariff.
- Use a water-saving showerhead.
- Fit double glazing.
- Here are the top 10 things you can do to increase employee efficiency at the office:
- Don't be Afraid to Delegate.
- Match Tasks to Skills.
- Communicate Effectively.
- Keep Goals Clear & Focused.
- Incentivize Employees.
- Cut Out the Excess.
- Train and Develop Employees.
- Embrace Telecommuting.
Updated: 3rd October 2019