Creating Form Letters, Labels, Envelopes, E-mail messages, and directories. The mail merge process involves taking information from one document, known as the data source, combining with another document known as the main document. The Main Document can be a Form Letter, Labels, Email, or Directory.
In respect to this, what is mail merge and how to use it?
Step 2: Start the mail merge
- In Word, choose File > New > Blank document.
- On the Mailings tab, in the Start Mail merge group, choose Start Mail Merge, and then choose the kind of merge you want to run.
- Choose Select Recipients > Use an Existing List.
- Browse to your Excel spreadsheet, and then choose Open.
Where is the Step by Step Mail Merge Wizard?
To use Mail Merge:
- Open an existing Word document, or create a new one.
- From the Mailings tab, click the Start Mail Merge command and select Step by Step Mail Merge Wizard from the drop-down menu. Opening the Mail Merge Wizard.
What is the process of mail merge?
Mail merge process. The mail merge process has three documents involved in creating and printing letters and emails, or labels and envelopes. This document contains text and graphics (a logo or an image, for example) that are identical for each version of the merged document.