What is the standard pressure?
Standard temperature and pressure, abbreviated STP, refers to nominal conditions in the atmosphere at sea level. Standard temperature is defined as zero degrees Celsius (0 0C), which translates to 32 degrees Fahrenheit (32 0F) or 273.15 degrees kelvin (273.15 0K).
|conversion result for two pressure or stress units:|
|From unit Symbol||Equals Result||To unit Symbol|
|1 atmosphere atm||= 76.00||centimeters of mercury cmHg|
- When the air pressure drops, so does the mercury level." Atmospheric pressure can also be measured in millibars (mb), with a "bar" being roughly equivalent to one atmosphere of pressure (one atmosphere equals 1.01325 bars). One bar is equivalent to 29.6 in. Hg.A barometer reading of 30 inches (Hg) is considered normal.
- Typically, when a low pressure front is coming (and they do, all the time) it signals not only a change in the weather, but a drop in the barometric pressure, which is pressure against the Earth's atmosphere. She actually knew this because of what happens to our bodies when the barometric pressure changes.
- A barometer measures air pressure: A "rising" barometer indicates increasing air pressure; a "falling" barometer indicates decreasing air pressure. In space, there is a nearly complete vacuum so the air pressure is zero.
Millimeter of mercury. From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. A millimeter of mercury is a manometric unit of pressure, formerly defined as the extra pressure generated by a column of mercury one millimetre high and now defined as precisely133.322387415 pascals. It is denoted by the symbol mmHg or mm Hg.
- mmHg stands for millimeters of Mercury. This measurement is used to measure pressure. Since gradient compression hosiery exert a gradually decreasing amount of pressure up the leg, this unit of measure helps express the amount of pressure the wearer will feel.
- If your systolic and diastolic readings fall into two different categories, your correct blood pressure category is the higher category. For example, if your blood pressure reading is 125/85 millimeters of mercury (mm Hg), you have stage 1 hypertension. Top number (systolic) in mm Hg.
- Hg: Symbol for the metallic element mercury. The abbreviation "mm Hg" means millimeters of mercury, the height of a column of mercury, as in a blood pressure reading. Mercury is poisonous to people. See Mercury poisoning.
Updated: 2nd October 2019