What is the ratio of 1?
1:1 ratio is 1 part or 1 unit of a particular quantity. for example. two bottles of water both having 2 liters of water each.
"Odds on" is the opposite of "odds against". It means that the event is more likely to happen than not. This is sometimes expressed with the smaller number first (1 to 2) but more often using the word "on" ("2 to 1 on"), meaning that the event is twice as likely to happen as not.
- 6-5 means you will get $6 profit for every $5 wagered. 20-1 means you get $20 profit for every $1 wagered (i.e. bet $2 and get $42 back). Since most tracks have a $2 minimum bet, below is a handy chart look up the payoff for a $2 bet at various odds.
- An odds ratio (OR) is a measure of association between an exposure and an outcome. The OR represents the odds that an outcome will occur given a particular exposure, compared to the odds of the outcome occurring in the absence of that exposure.
- How to Play What Are the Odds
- Decide who is daring first.
- Ask the other person, "What are the odds you (insert dare here)?"
- Both players face each other.
- At one, both players say at the same time a number between one and the number that was selected by the second player.
- Determine the winner.
- Move on to the next round or end the game.
Simple percentage and ratio conversions.
|Ratio||Percentage - %|
|4 to 1||20%|
|3 to 1||25%|
|2.5 to 1||29%|
|2 to 1||33%|
- Common Fractions with Decimal and Percent Equivalents
Fraction Decimal Percent 1/3 0.333… 33.333…% 2/3 0.666… 66.666…% 1/4 0.25 25% 3/4 0.75 75%
- To find an equal ratio, you can either multiply or divide each term in the ratio by the same number (but not zero). For example, if we divide both terms in the ratio 3:6 by the number three, then we get the equal ratio, 1:2. Do you see that these ratios both represent the same comparison?
- To convert a ratio into the form of a percentage, simply divide m by n and then multiply the result by 100. For example, If the ratio is 12:4, convert it to the form 12/4, which is an equation we can solve. After that multiply the result by 100 to get the percentage. Use our ratio calculator to solve or reduce a ratio.
If the ratio of one length to another is 1 : 2, this means that the second length is twice as large as the first. If a boy has 5 sweets and a girl has 3, the ratio of the boy's sweets to the girl's sweets is 5 : 3 . The boy has 5/3 times more sweets as the girl, and the girl has 3/5 as many sweets as the boy.
- This means the ratio of flour to fat is 2:1. If pastry is 2 parts flour to 1 part fat, then there are 3 parts (2 + 1) altogether. Ratios are similar to fractions; they can both be simplified by finding common factors. Always try to divide by the highest common factor.
- Ratio Analysis is a form of Financial Statement Analysis that is used to obtain a quick indication of a firm's financial performance in several key areas. The ratios are categorized as Short-term Solvency Ratios, Debt Management Ratios, Asset Management Ratios, Profitability Ratios, and Market Value Ratios.
- In mathematics, a rational number is any number that can be expressed as the quotient or fraction p/q of two integers, a numerator p and a non-zero denominator q. Since q may be equal to 1, every integer is a rational number. Moreover, any repeating or terminating decimal represents a rational number.
Updated: 2nd October 2019