What is the purpose of the Earth Hour?
Earth Hour is an annual event, usually held on the last Saturday evening in March, when millions of people and thousands of business worldwide turn off lights and shut down most electrical appliances to celebrate sustainability and show their support for strategies that will help solve the problem of global warming.
Earth Hour. Earth Hour is an annual environmental campaign that brings attention to the effects of climate change by asking people to switch of lights at homes and businesses for an hour at 8.30pm (20:30), local time, usually on the last Saturday of March.
- McConnell chose the spring equinox (March 21, 1970) and Nelson chose April 22. Millions of people participated, and today, Earth Day continues to be widely celebrated (mostly on April 22).
- Ten Simple Things You Can Do to Help Protect the Earth
- Reduce, reuse, and recycle. Cut down on what you throw away.
- Volunteer. Volunteer for cleanups in your community.
- Conserve water.
- Choose sustainable.
- Shop wisely.
- Use long-lasting light bulbs.
- Plant a tree.
- "The first is to promote understanding of important environmental issues so that more people are aware of the critical actions we need to take to protect our environment. The second is to commit yourself to service on or around Earth Day — plant some trees, clean up a stream or help your local community garden."
Earth Hour started in Sydney, Australia, in 2007. This event saw 2.2 million homes and businesses turn their lights off for one hour to make their stand against climate change that year. WWF, which organizes the annual Earth Hour event, aims to stop the degradation of the Earth's natural environment.
- Adonai. Old Testament word for "God," late 14c., from Medieval Latin, from Hebrew, literally "my lord," from adon (see Adonis) + suffix of 1st person.
- Elyon (Biblical Hebrew ?????; Masoretic ʿElyōn) is an epithet of the God of the Israelites in the Hebrew Bible. ʾĒl ʿElyōn is usually rendered in English as "God Most High", and similarly in the Septuagint as ο θεος ο ύψιστος ("God the highest").
- Jehovah-shammah is a Christian transliteration of the Hebrew ?????? ???????? meaning "Jehovah is there", the name given to the city in Ezekiel's vision in Ezekiel 48:35. These are the final words of the Book of Ezekiel. The first word of the phrase is the tetragrammaton ????.
March 24, 2018, 8:30 PM
- WWE says that the average wrestler on the main roster makes $500,000 per year, while top performers make well into the seven figures. But determining an individual wrestler's pay is far more challenging.
- In its original format, NXT was taped in large venues before the SmackDown tapings from 2010–2012. When WWE revamped the show they moved the tapings to Full Sail University in Orlando, Florida, with the venue known as "Full Sail Live". WWE started taping NXT in Florida on May 17, 2012.
- William Regal
Updated: 25th November 2019