What is the promotional balance on Amazon?
The amount shown in Your Balances reflects your Gift Card balance and any promotional codes and credits in your account that can be applied for eligible purchases in each of the digital categories: Prime Video, Amazon MP3, Amazon Appstore, Game Downloads & Software Downloads, and Kindle Books.
Create custom promotion codes
- Log in to your Reseller Control Center.
- Click Promotions.
- Click Create Promotion.
- For Promo code, enter the name of the code.
- For Description, enter a description of the promo code for your reference.
- For Discount, select Amount or Percent, and then enter a number for the discount amount you want to offer.
- The basic way to calculate a discount is to multiply the original price by the decimal form of the percentage. To calculate the sale price of an item, subtract the discount from the original price. You can do this using a calculator, or you can round the price and estimate the discount in your head.
- The rate is usually given as a percent.
- To find the discount, multiply the rate by the original price.
- To find the sale price, subtract the discount from original price.
- Definition of WACC. A firm's Weighted Average Cost of Capital (WACC) represents its blended cost of capital across all sources, including common shares, preferred shares, and debt. WACC is used in financial modeling as the discount rate to calculate the net present value of a business.
You will also want to be sure when you are shopping on Amazon, to check under the prices of the items. Sometimes coupons can be found right on the product page. Then you simply click on the “Clip Coupon” button before you add the item to your cart. The amount of the coupon will be taken off when you checkout.
- To apply an Amazon.com Gift Card or promotional code from the Amazon Appstore app:
- Launch the Amazon Appstore app.
- Open the menu, tap Settings, and then tap Gift Cards.
- Enter your claim code, and then tap Redeem.
- Costco accepts all Visa cards, as well as cash, checks, debit/ATM, EBT and Costco Cash Cards. Photo identification and approval by a supervisor or manager may be required. Costco does not accept manufacturers' discount coupons (other than those distributed by Costco) or other retail establishment discount coupons.
- To add a Gift Card:
- Locate the gift card code - This is a 16 digit hyphenated code (including hyphens) on your Gift card.
- Go to Your Account.
- Click View Amazon Pay Balance.
- In the field under Add Gift Card / Voucher Code to Account, enter your claim code and click Add to Your Account.
Redeem a Gift Card
- Locate the claim code. Note: For plastic gift cards, you may need to scratch off the coating on the back of the card to reveal the claim code.
- Go to Your Account.
- Click Apply a Gift Card to Your Account .
- Enter your claim code and click Apply to Your Balance. Note: You can also enter your claim code during checkout.
- Definition of a Gift Code. Simply put, a gift code or a gift card code is the primary number on a gift card. For Visa or Mastercard® gift cards, the code is typically a 16-digit number embossed in raised-lettering on the front of the card–just like you would see on a debit or credit card.
- The amount shown in Your Balances reflects your Gift Card balance and any promotional codes and credits in your account that can be applied for eligible purchases in each of the digital categories: Prime Video, Amazon MP3, Amazon Appstore, Game Downloads & Software Downloads, and Kindle Books.
- Buy Amazon.com Gift Cards at Participating Retail Stores. Amazon.com Gift Cards in $15, $25, $50, and $100 denominations are sold by grocery, drug, and convenience stores throughout the United States and have no purchase fees. Get one for yourself, or give one as a gift. Designs and denominations vary by retailer.
Updated: 3rd December 2019