What is the net worth of Michael Phelps?
Michael Phelps Net Worth: $55 Million. Olympic medals are the crown jewel of the aquatic kingdom of the “Flying Fish.” The most decorated Olympian of all time, Phelps holds the all-time record for total Olympic gold medals (23).
The $34.2 million for 2017 tracks slightly higher than 2016, when Forbes pegged Bolt's earnings at $32.5 million. According to CNBC, Bolt has been with Puma since 2002, when the sprinter was just 16. Prior to the 2016 Olympics, the deal was paying him $10 million a year. It's not clear how much the deal is worth now.
- #1 Floyd Mayweather. more.
- #2 Lionel Messi. more.
- #3 Cristiano Ronaldo. more.
- #4 Conor McGregor. more.
- #5 Neymar. more.
- #6 LeBron James. more.
- #7 Roger Federer. more.
- #8 Stephen Curry. more.
- The $34.2 million for 2017 tracks slightly higher than 2016, when Forbes pegged Bolt's earnings at $32.5 million. According to CNBC, Bolt has been with Puma since 2002, when the sprinter was just 16. Prior to the 2016 Olympics, the deal was paying him $10 million a year. It's not clear how much the deal is worth now.
- The record was 44.72 km/h (27.8 mph), seen during the final 100 meters sprint of the World Championships in Berlin on 16 August 2009 by Usain Bolt. (Bolt's average speed over the course of this race was 37.58 km/h or 23.35 mph.) Maximum human sprint speed is strikingly slower than that of many animals.
The Rio gold medals weigh 500 grams, the heaviest medal ever awarded in a summer games. So far, Phelps has won four of them. That's $1,144.80 worth of gold this year and another $1,320.60 in silver. It's a good time to hold precious metals.
- Outside of her sport, Vonn has a number of sponsorship deals, a new clothing line, a gorgeous Vail, Colo. home and the Lindsey Vonn Foundation to help young girls grow as athletes. It is unclear exactly how much money Vonn has to her name, but according to a 2013 article from Forbes, Vonn's net worth was $3 million.
- Full list of every Olympic medal Michael Phelps has won. The most decorated athlete in Olympic history, American swimmer Michael Phelps finished his career with 23 gold medals and 28 overall. Phelps was just 15 years old when he made his Olympic debut at the 2000 Games in Sydney.
- For the PyeongChang Games, the first-place medal will be plated with about 1% pure gold. That's about 6 grams of the 586-gram total weight, the committee told MONEY. With that in mind, the value of melting down a gold medal won at the PyeongChang Games would be about $577, MONEY calculated using CoinApps.com.
The Basics. Professional ice skaters may be engaged in competitions and shows in various parts of the U.S. and internationally. The most celebrated are Olympic gold medal winners. The average salary is $87,340, according to Mymajors.com, citing a 2010 Bureau of Labor Statistics report.
- Forbes Magazine estimates that in 2008, snowboarding star Shaun White made $9 million in sponsorship earnings from Burton, Hewlett-Packard, Oakley, Red Bull and Target. Even top snowboarders rarely top $100,000 in annual prize money, so product promotions and sponsorships are the real source of income.
- About 7.5 million tickets are available for purchase for the Rio Olympic Games. The tickets are for events in various rounds and range from $20 to just over $1,400 for opening ceremony seats. More than half of the Olympics tickets are $21 or less, however, according to the Rio 2016 site.
- At the moment, the cost for Rio is estimated at around $4.6 billion. And that's without factoring in another $1.6 billion in estimated budget overages. The total is still far, far lower than the cost of the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi, but it's not exactly pennies for a country mired in an economic downturn.
Updated: 18th November 2019