What is the name of the mountain in Africa?
Atlas Mountains: This mountain system runs from southwestern Morocco along the Mediterranean coastline to the eastern edge of Tunisia. Several smaller ranges are included, namely the High Atlas, Middle Atlas and Maritime Atlas.
- The Niger River Its the fourth longest river in Africa. The Zambezi River google.com Sources of Research It flows north out into the Mediterranean Sea and creates a fertile valley across the desert in Egypt. There are parts of it called the Blue Nile and parts called the White Nile.
- The largest number of islands of Africa are found in the Indian Ocean, with the sovereign island nations of Comoros, Seychelles, Mauritius and Madagascar located off the southeastern seaboard of Africa being the most notable.
- List of highest mountain peaks of Africa
Rank Mountain Range 2 Mount Kenya (Batian) Mount Kenya 3 Mawenzi (Hans Meyer Pk) Kilimanjaro 4 Ngaliema / Mt Stanley (Margherita Pk) Rwenzori Mount Kenya (Lenana) Mount Kenya
- Atlas Mountains: This mountain system runs from southwestern Morocco along the Mediterranean coastline to the eastern edge of Tunisia. Several smaller ranges are included, namely the High Atlas, Middle Atlas and Maritime Atlas.
- 9. Kilimanjaro has three volcanic cones, Mawenzi, Shira and Kibo. Mawenzi and Shira are extinct but Kibo, the highest peak, is dormant and could erupt again. The most recent activity was about 200 years ago; the last major eruption was 360,000 years ago.
Mount Everest as seen from Everest Base Camp, Tibet. Mount Everest is the highest mountain on the Asian continent and the highest mountain in the world. Its summit is 29,035 feet (8,850 meters) above sea level. It is located on the border of Nepal and China.
- Mount Elbrus
- The Indian Himalayan Region (IHR) is the section of the Himalayas within India, spanning the northern states of Jammu and Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Sikkim, Arunachal Pradesh, as well as the hill regions of two eastern states, Assam and West Bengal.
- Africa - Top 100+ Countries by Area
Rank Country Area (sq mi) 1. Algeria 919,595 2. Democratic Republic of the Congo 905,568 3. Sudan 718,723 4. Libya 679,362
Updated: 17th October 2018