What is the medical term for pertaining to the side?
lateral. The correct spelling of the medical term meaning pertaining to one side (only) is. unilateral. The medical term mediolateral means pertaining to the. middle and to the side.
In medical terminology, a suffix usually indi- cates a procedure, condition, disease, or part of speech. A commonly used suffix is -itis, which means “inflammation.” When this suffix is paired with the prefix arthro-, meaning joint, the resulting word is arthritis, an inflammation of the joints.
- suffix meaning: development, formation, growth. itic. suffix meaning "related to something specified" genic. suffix: producing or forming.
- A Combining Vowel is used when the suffix begins with a Consonant. A Combining Vowel is Always used when 2 or more root elements are joined. A Prefix does not require a combining vowel. Do not place a combining vowel between a prefix and the word root.
- Medical terminology is language used to precisely describe the human body including its components, processes, conditions affecting it, and procedures performed upon it. Medical terminology is used in the field of medicine.
iatry: Suffix meaning medical treatment. From the Greek "iatreia" meaning healing, which came from "iatros" meaning treatment (or physician).
- Medical Definition of iatrics. iatrics: Suffix meaning healing. From the Greek "iatros" meaning healer or physician. For example, Pediatrics is the healing of children, Bariatric surgery is designed to heal obesity, Psychiatric care is meant to heal the mind. See also: Iatric; Iatrogenic.
- Hematology tests include laboratory assessments of blood formation and blood disorders. Some examples of these tests are: Full blood count - A count of the total number of red blood cells, white blood cells and platelets present in blood.
- A hematologist-oncologist is a physician who specializes in the diagnosis, treatment and/or prevention of blood diseases and cancers such as iron-deficiency anemia, hemophilia, sickle-cell disease, leukemia and lymphoma. This physician is trained in hematology — the study of blood — and oncology — the study of cancer.
Updated: 28th November 2019