What is the meaning of 1 atm?
It means that the watch seals will not allow water to enter at a depth where the water pressure is less than one atmosphere pressure which is 14 pounds per square inch ( 100 kPa ) that is equivalent to 33 feet (10 metres) of water depth. It means water resistant to 1 atmosphere.
I. Converting between atmospheres and millimeters of mercury. One atm. equals 760.0 mm Hg, so there will be a multiplication or division based on the direction of the change. Solution: multiply the atm value by 760.0 mmHg / atm.
- Pressure—the effect of a force applied to a surface—is a derived unit, obtained from combining base units. The unit of pressure in the SI system is the pascal (Pa), defined as a force of one Newton per square meter. The conversion between atm, Pa, and torr is as follows: 1 atm = 101325 Pa = 760 torr.
- It is crucial to match your units of Pressure, Volume, number of mole, and Temperature with the units of R. If you use the first value of R, which is 0.082057 L atm mol-1K-1, your unit for pressure must be atm, for volume must be liter, for temperature must be Kelvin.
- It means that the watch seals will not allow water to enter at a depth where the water pressure is less than one atmosphere pressure which is 14 pounds per square inch ( 100 kPa ) that is equivalent to 33 feet (10 metres) of water depth. It means water resistant to 1 atmosphere.
A Pascal is the SI unit of pressure. A Pascal is equal to a force of one newton per square meter. 101325 pascals = 1 atmosphere. 105 pascals = 1 bar. The abbreviation for the Pascal unit is Pa.
- Petrol is short for petroleum, which is unprocessed crude or shale oil. Gas is short for gasoline, a petroleum byproduct, which is what the fuel used in most internal combustion engines is actually called. Americans and Canadians are right.
- Gasoline was not invented, it is a natural by-product of the petroleum industry, kerosene being the principal product. Gasoline is produced by distillation, the separating of the volatile, more valuable fractions of crude petroleum.
- It is most commonly used to protect, color, or provide texture to objects. Paint can be made or purchased in many colors—and in many different types, such as watercolor, synthetic, etc. Paint is typically stored, sold, and applied as a liquid, but most types dry into a solid.
Updated: 16th October 2019