What is the main purpose of robots?
In manufacturing, many jobs in factories are messy or dirty. Dirty tasks may include welding, grinding, molding and casting.When robots are used to perform these tasks,it enables human workers to partake in more meaningful and creative pursuits.
A robot needs a power source to drive these actuators. The robot's computer controls everything attached to the circuit. To move the robot, the computer switches on all the necessary motors and valves. Most robots are reprogrammable -- to change the robot's behavior, you simply write a new program to its computer.
- Machines can precisely repeat predetermined motions. Robots can do that too, but they can do even more. Robots can be programmed (given instructions) to perform many tasks. So, even when the task they have to do changes, we do not have to change the robot.
- The most common manufacturing robot is the robotic arm. A typical robotic arm is made up of seven metal segments, joined by six joints. The computer controls the robot by rotating individual step motors connected to each joint (some larger arms use hydraulics or pneumatics).
- The number of degrees of freedom is equal to the total number of independent displacements or aspects of motion. A machine may operate in two or three dimensions but have more than three degrees of freedom. The term is widely used to define the motion capabilities of robots.
Robotics deals with the design, construction, operation, and use of robots, as well as computer systems for their control, sensory feedback, and information processing. These technologies are used to develop machines that can substitute for humans and replicate human actions.
- The First Known Robot Was Created Around 400 BC and Was a Mechanical Bird. Today I found out the first known robot was created around 400-350 BC by the mathematician Archytas and was an artificial bird.
- There are six main types of industrial robots: cartesian, SCARA, cylindrical, delta, polar and vertically articulated. However, there are several additional types of robot configurations. Each of these types offers a different joint configuration. The joints in the arm are referred to as axes.
- 10 Essential Skills All Good Roboticists Have
- Systems Thinking.
- The Programming Mindset.
- Active Learning.
- Science or other Applied Mathematics.
- Judgement and Decision Making.
- Good Communication.
- Technology Design.
Updated: 29th September 2018