What is the main export of Iran?
Naturally, oil and natural gas are Iran's most important exports along with other exports including chemicals, plastics and fruits. Iran mainly exports to Taiwan, China, Turkey, South Korea and India. Iran's main imports are machinery, cereals, iron and steel, and chemicals.
Middle Eastern countries made up a significant portion of global oil export revenues during 2015 with shipments valued at $325 billion or 41.3% of global crude oil exports. Saudi Arabia, Iraq, United Arab Emirates, Kuwait, Iran, and Oman were all among the top 15 exporters of crude oil in 2015.
- The Richest And Poorest Economies In The Middle East
Rank Country GDP Per Capita 12 Jordan $11,100.00 13 Iraq $16,500.00 14 Syria $2,900.00 15 Yemen $2,500.00
- Today, abundant petroleum fields dominate the area's economy. The Middle East is similarly disproportionately rich in natural gas (32 percent of the world's known natural gas reserves are in the region) and phosphate (Morocco alone has more than half of the world's reserves).
- Most of the people in the Middle East practice Islam. They are referred to as Muslims. Islam is the dominant religion in all of the Middle Eastern states except Israel and Palestinian areas.
India's major exports include basmati rice, textiles and garments and machinery, while it imports organic and inorganic chemicals, metal scrap, leather, gold and oil from Saudi Arabia. Saudi imports from India amounted to $7 billion or 2.7% of India's overall exports in 2015.
- The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia is an Islamic theocratic monarchy in which Sunni Islam is the official state religion based on firm Sharia law and non-Muslims are not allowed to hold Saudi citizenship.
- No, Saudi Arabia is an Asian country. It is located in West Asia. Sinai in Egypt as well lies in Asia. However, if you go back 20 millions years ago or earlier, Miocene era, the current Arabian peninsula was part of Africa not Asia.
- It is illegal to produce it, import it, or consume it. Saudi Arabia is a Muslim country where there is a strict interpretation of the Koran. It is also the home of Mecca which is the most important sacred site within Islam. There are harsh punishments for those caught making or drinking alcohol in the Kingdom.
Updated: 21st October 2019