What is the main difference between a notebook and an ultrabook?
One of the most recognizable differences between netbooks and ultrabooks is their size. An ultrabook is closer to the size of a more traditional laptop, only much thinner and lighter. Netbooks are much smaller than a normal laptop, and they're sometimes called mini computers or mini laptops.
An Ultrabook is a mini notebook computer designed to provide similar or superior computing functionality as that of a standard laptop but with less size, weight and an extended battery life.
- Definition of: convertible laptop. convertible laptop. A Windows laptop computer that can be switched to a tablet style. Also called a "2-in-1," the screen folds back all the way around, turning the machine into a rectangular slate.
- A 2-in-1 PC, also known as a 2-in-1 tablet, 2-in-1 laptop, 2-in-1 detachable, laplet, or simply 2-in-1, is a portable computer that has features of both tablets and laptops. 2-in-1 PCs consist of portable computer components within light and thin chassis, and exemplify technological convergence.
- Most netbooks sport small LCD screens, 8.9-inches to 10-inches, versus an average of 15.4-inches for normal laptops. Netbooks generally weigh around 2.2 lbs (1 kilogram) each, far lighter than most laptops, and carry batteries that last up to 8 hours. They cost between US$199 and $799.
(n.) A laptop is a small, portable computer -- small enough that it can sit on your lap. Nowadays, laptop computers are more frequently called notebook computers, though technically laptops are somewhat larger in size than notebooks, in both thickness and weight.
- It was invented by Osborne Computers. The first portable computer was a success, with sales reaching 10,000 units a month. IBM launched the IBM 5155 Portable Personal Computer in 1984. In 1988, Compaq Computer launched the first laptop PC with VGA graphics, Compaq SLT/286.
- Phablet is a combined term Smartphone and Tablet, is a class of smart phones that has a screen size between 5 and 8 inches and is designed to incorporate or complement the functions of smart phones and tablets. Tablet is a gadget that has a touch screen interface, and usually measuring 8.9 to 10 inches.
- A laptop is a small, portable computer -- small enough that it can sit on your lap. Nowadays, laptop computers are more frequently called notebook computers, though technically laptops are somewhat larger in size than notebooks, in both thickness and weight.
Updated: 22nd September 2018