What is the lowest elevation in the state of Colorado?
At a mean elevation of 6,800 feet above seal level, Colorado has the highest mean altitude of the 50 states. Colorado's low point, 3,315 feet above sea level at the Arikaree River in Yuma County, is the highest low point in the nation and is higher than 18 state high points.
The highest point in South Carolina is Sassafras Mountain at 3,560 feet above sea level. The lowest point in South Carolina is sea level, where South Carolina meets the Atlantic Ocean. The Mean Elevation of the state of South Carolina is 350 feet above sea level.
- Elevations in the state begin at sea level on the Atlantic coast and rise in the northwestern part of the state. The highest point in South Carolina is Sassafras Mountain at 3,560 feet above sea level.
- Click a Red Icon to Learn More
State Highest Point Highest Elevation (feet) Alaska Highest Point Mt. McKinley (Denali), AK 20,237 Arizona Highest Point Humphreys Peak, AZ 12,633 Arkansas Highest Point Magazine Mt., AR 2,753 California Highest Point Mt. Whitney, CA 14,494
- The Largest States in the U.S. by Area
Rank State Area (in square miles) 1 Alaska 663,267.26 2 Texas 268,580.82 3 California 163,695.57 4 Montana 147,042.40
This is a list of United States states by elevation. Elevation means the height of something above sea level. The highest point in the U.S. is Denali at 20,320 feet (6,194 m) above sea level. The lowest point on land in the U.S. is Badwater in Death Valley at 282 feet (86 m) below sea level.
- Settlements below 4,700 metres (15,400 ft)
Altitude Name Comment 3,658 metres (12,001 ft) Lhasa, Tibet Population 216,663 (2010). 3,650 metres (11,980 ft) La Paz Population 758,845 (2012)Bolivian seat of government; the highest capital city in the world. 3,548 metres (11,640 ft) Sicuani Population 42,551 (2007).
- Highest and lowest points
Continent Highest point Elevation (m) Asia Mount Everest 8,848 South America Aconcagua 6,960 North America Denali 6,198 Africa Mount Kilimanjaro 5,895
- Its United States Post Office is located at the highest elevation of any in the country. Alma, which is a town, did not take the title as highest incorporated city from Leadville, Colorado, as is commonly believed. Leadville is still the highest incorporated city in North America.
- Death Valley.
- Salton Sink, United States [−66 m (−217 ft)]
- New Orleans, Louisiana, United States [−2 m (−7 ft)]
- Laguna Salada, Baja California, Mexico [−10 m (−33 ft)]
- Lake Enriquillo, Dominican Republic [−46 m (−151 ft)], lowest place on an island country.
- Land Area
Rank State Land Area (square miles) All United States 3,537,438.44 1 Alaska 571,951.26 2 Texas 261,797.12 3 California 155,959.34
- These are the top 10 tallest mountains in the continental United States, which includes all 48 states, but not Hawaii or Alaska.
- Mount Whitney in the Sierra Mountains of California rises 14,494 feet above sea level.
- Mount Elbert in the Colorado Rocky Mountains reaches 14,433 feet tall.
- The average elevation of the city is currently between 1 foot (0.30 m) and 2 feet (0.61 m) below sea level, with some portions of the city as high as 20 feet (6 m) at the base of the river levee in Uptown and others as low as 7 feet (2 m) below sea level in the farthest reaches of Eastern New Orleans.
Updated: 21st November 2019