What is the Iccid number for your Sim?
Your iPhone's SIM number is technically called the ICCID, which stands for Integrated Circuit Card Identifier. It usually consists of 19 or 20 characters, and is both printed on your SIM card and stored inside it. The ICCID is a unique serial number and is specific to your SIM card.
ICCID stands for Integrated Circuit Card Identifier. If IMEI number is used to identify your cell phone, the function of ICCID is to identify your SIM internationally. An ICCID number will consists of 19 to 20 characters. It is basically a unique serial number that represents the SIM that a user have subscribed.
- An International Mobile Subscriber Identity-catcher, or IMSI-catcher, is a telephone eavesdropping device used for intercepting mobile phone traffic and tracking location data of mobile phone users.
- An international mobile subscriber identity (IMSI) is a unique number, usually fifteen digits, associated with Global System for Mobile Communications (GSM) and Universal Mobile Telecommunications System (UMTS) network mobile phone users. The IMSI is a unique number identifying a GSM subscriber.
- Finding your ICCID number.
- From the homescreen, tap Settings.
- Tap General.
- Tap About.
- The numbers on your SIM card will be listed under ICCID. Enter the last six digits into the required field on the My3 registration page.
IMEI: International Mobile Equipment Identity; a factory-installed unique serial number that identifies each unit or line of service under GSM (Global System for Mobile Communications) specifications. It is a 15 digit number and is used on non-SIM card capable devices. The SIM number is 15 digits.
- Finding the SIM number in Settings
- Open your Apps list and tap on Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the menu and press About.
- Tap on Status. On some phones like HTCs, this may be called Phone Identity.
- Tap IMEI Information.
- Your SIM number will show as either the 'IMSI' number, or the 'ICCID number'.
- IMEI stands for International Mobile Equipment Identity number and it is the unique ID number assigned to nearly every modern mobile phone sold. The IMEI is a 14-digit string that includes information on the origin, model, and serial number of the mobile device.
- the ICCID (Integrated Circuit Card Identifier) is the SIM card number. Sounds like a defective or deactivated SIM card, or a SIM card from the wrong carrier into a locked device.
ICCID (Integrated Circuit Card Identifier) - A SIM card contains its unique serial number (ICCID). ICCIDs are stored in the SIM cards and are also printed on the SIM card during a personalisation process.
- The ICCID is defined by the ITU-T recommendation E.118 as the Primary Account Number. A full ICCID is 19 or 20 characters. Sometimes it happens that on the SIM card is printed only the last 13 digits of ICCID number.
- The International Mobile Equipment Identity (IMEI) number is a unique identification or serial number that all mobile phones and smartphones have. It is normally 15 digits long. The IMEI number can be found on the silver sticker on the back of your phone, under the battery pack, or on the box your phone came in.
- View SIM Card Number - Samsung Galaxy S® 6 / S® 6 edge
- From a Home screen, navigate: Apps > Settings > About phone (System section). These instructions apply to Standard mode only.
- Tap Status (located on the right).
- View the ICCID (SIM card number).
Updated: 18th November 2019