What is the highest and lowest point in Arizona?
The highest point in Arizona is Humphreys Peak, northwest of Flagstaff, at 12,633 feet above sea level. The lowest point in Arizona is the Colorado River, only 70 feet above sea level.
Hikers should be healthy and in good physical condition. Do not hike alone unless you are a seasoned experienced hiker. Expect the 9-mile roundtrip to take 8 to 10 hours depending upon hiking speed and number of stops. Although Humphreys Trail is open all year, snow cover can be quite heavy during the winter months.
- Humphreys Peak (Hopi: Aaloosaktukwi, Navajo: Dookʼoʼoosłííd) is the highest natural point in the U.S. state of Arizona, with an elevation of 12,633 feet (3,851 m) and is located within the Kachina Peaks Wilderness in the Coconino National Forest, about 11 miles (17.7 km) north of Flagstaff, Arizona.
- Highest major summits
Rank Mountain peak State 38 Capitol Peak Colorado 39 Pikes Peak Colorado 40 Windom Peak Colorado 41 Mount Augusta Alaska Yukon
- Nevada is a Rocky Mountain state bordered by Oregon and Idaho to the north, Utah to the east, and California to the west and south. Located in the Great Basin Desert, it is the driest state, receiving less rainfall than any other state. Nevada has a varied landscape. It is one of the most mountainous states.
List of highest United States cities by state
|Altitude||Name||State, District or Territory|
|10,200 feet (3109 m)||Leadville||Colorado|
|9800 feet (2987 m)||Brian Head||Utah|
|9321 feet (2841 m)||Taos Ski Valley||New Mexico|
|9062 feet (2762 m)||Fox Park||Wyoming|
- Settlements below 4,700 metres (15,400 ft)
Altitude Name Comment 3,658 metres (12,001 ft) Lhasa, Tibet Population 216,663 (2010). 3,650 metres (11,980 ft) La Paz Population 758,845 (2012)Bolivian seat of government; the highest capital city in the world. 3,548 metres (11,640 ft) Sicuani Population 42,551 (2007).
- Its United States Post Office is located at the highest elevation of any in the country. Alma, which is a town, did not take the title as highest incorporated city from Leadville, Colorado, as is commonly believed. Leadville is still the highest incorporated city in North America.
- Death Valley's Badwater Basin is the point of the lowest elevation in North America, at 282 feet (86 m) below sea level.
- Dead Sea
- The highest capital in the world, before the domination of Tibet by China, was Lhasa, with an elevation of 12,087 feet above sea level. La Paz, the administrative and de facto capital of Bolivia, stands at an altitude of 11,913 feet above sea level.
Updated: 29th September 2018